Re: TRANSFER WINDOW NEWS

My guess is williams at his age and level of development had no intention of coming back to the club to be 5th choice striker. In regards to collins flynny probably wants him in the club for the rest of the season to have a look at him and see if he is worth signing in the summer when he is a free. He is still a good age with bags of potential. I've always liked his work rate and attitude and he's got some pace in his locker. Offers something different to the current four we have on the books.

Bush wrote:My guess is williams at his age and level of development had no intention of coming back to the club to be 5th choice striker. In regards to collins flynny probably wants him in the club for the rest of the season to have a look at him and see if he is worth signing in the summer when he is a free. He is still a good age with bags of potential. I've always liked his work rate and attitude and he's got some pace in his locker. Offers something different to the current four we have on the books.
Re: Collins. In the limited time I saw him play for us, I always felt he was a far better wide man than a striker. His cross against Blackburn which landed right in the middle of Boden's forehead being the prime example of his crossing ability. How Boden missed that I will never know!

He was obviously a bit lightweight at 18 or whatever, but hopefully that's changed now. I imagine Flynny will get the best out of him.

George Street-Bridge wrote:If we have released Williams, can we include a sell-on in case he scores shedloads at the club we free him to join and they sell him on?
Seeing as he was a panic-buy from Westley, my guess is that he was on big wages.

If that was the case, then you have to look at value being added. If he was on £x per week and sitting on the bench I imagine Flynny would have wanted him back, but if he is on £y a week and sitting on the bench the position is far less appealing.

Why sit on a contract which is going to cost you £50,000 to maybe recoup £30,000 at the end of the season? Makes no sense.

For what it's worth I liked Aaron Williams, and will always appreciate the part he played in keeping us up last season. I hope that he ends up making a success of himself.

Loan Signing

Newport County AFC

Verified account

@NewportCounty
1m1 minute ago

We are delighted to announce the loan signing of Emmanuel Osadebe from Cambridge United. #OneClubOneCounty
Newport County AFC is delighted to announce the signing of Emmanuel Osadebe on loan until the end of the Season subject to international clearance.

Osadebe starting his playing career at the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation College Programme before signing for Gillingham in 2015. He had a successful season with The Gills and was awarded their Goal of the Season award for the 2016-17 Season.

The 21-year-old midfielder left Gillingham at the end of last Season and signed a two-year contract with Cambridge United in May 2017. He now joins County until the end of the Season.

On completing the deal earlier today, Manager Mike Flynn said: “I'm delighted to get the deal done. Osadebe has come in to strengthen the squad. He will have to fight for his place in the team because the boys have been excellent this Season but he’s a player I’ve been keeping my eye on for a while and is a good addition.”