Re: Sunday league side

Willthiswork wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The problem is having black shorts and socks for the first and third kits.Who's idea was that?
Shorts are allowed to be the same colour. You see it in loads of games up and down the country.
Is it something new as Arsenal wore red shorts yesterday?
I'm not sure, you have to look at older pictures from seasons past. Personally I hate the changing of kits unless there is an obvious colour clash. It's nonsense in my opinion.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The problem is having black shorts and socks for the first and third kits.Who's idea was that?
Shorts are allowed to be the same colour. You see it in loads of games up and down the country.
In our Beezer days we couldn't have same colour shorts or socks so not sure why teams can now.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Premier League allows it, EFL competitions and FA Cup do not.

Sock clash is obviously an issue for who touched the ball last decisions where the ball goes out of play and narrow offsides, short clash is a matter of opinion depending on the colours of the rest of the kit.

Newportonian wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Probably the person at FBT who realised they weren't organised or big enough to deliver kit to 4 different professional clubs in the English leagues at the same time?
Or the person that decided to change the already agreed kit supplier at the last minute
I was told it was FBT a couple of months before the end of the season, so how "last minute" are you suggesting?

faerun exile wrote:Yet we wore our normal home kit v Exeter away this season.
A few reasons for that

1) Amber shirts don't clash with red and white stripes (or red and white halved striped whatever the hell Cheltenham are wearing), and wouldn't have at Cheltenham either
2) From the two possible options available to us black shorts were probably felt not to clash with Exeter's kit (also black shorts) as much as red shorts would have (I think we'd already worn the white away kit by then?)
3) Exeter's home socks are black and white hoops, not plain black - the final decision on the day is up to the ref and he was clearly fine with that. As County wore plain black socks again yesterday for the first time in weeks I can only assume that the hooped rugby sock experiment is over - but who knows, hooped socks were worn in both FA Cup games and the club can register a different kit for that anyway?

SJG99 wrote: Premier League allows it, EFL competitions and FA Cup do not.
Further to this, Arsenal changed their shorts to red from white because their opponents' kit is primarily white with blue, and Arsenal's change kit is also blue and would have clashed more. They also changed their white socks to red, but they do that a lot more often to the point that I can't even remember if their home socks are white or red this season.
Last edited by SJG99 on January 7th, 2018, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJG99 wrote:
SJG99 wrote: Premier League allows it, EFL competitions and FA Cup do not.
Further to this, Arsenal changed their shorts to red from white because their opponents' kit is primarily white with blue, and Arsenal's change kit is also blue and would have clashed more. They also changed their white socks to red, but they do that a lot more often to the point that I can't even remember if their home socks are white or red this season.
They're white. Just saying. :lol:

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:At first I was disappointed not to see Leeds playing in their White but in the end I think it worked to our advantage... never understand why clubs insist on changing kits to play away.... nonesense.

I think the kit manufacturers insist that you wear the change shirts so many games a season

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:At first I was disappointed not to see Leeds playing in their White but in the end I think it worked to our advantage... never understand why clubs insist on changing kits to play away.... nonesense.
Actually those colours are their original ones, it was Revie to changed things to white.
I think it must be the traditional municipal colours - Leeds Rhinos RL also play in blue and yellow.

daftasfxxx wrote:Why was the Leeds keeper allowed to play in the same colour shorts and socks as the outfield players ?
It's ours he isn't allowed to clash with. Day in white socks must have changed not to clash with them. It's years ago now, but keepers used to have to wear the same socks and shorts as the rest of the team.

daftasfxxx wrote:Why was the Leeds keeper allowed to play in the same colour shorts and socks as the outfield players ?
Keepers always used to do that and there's no practical reason why he shouldn't for stuff like corners, etc. because all that matters is that you can tell which team he plays for.

He only has to wear a jersey that distinguishes him from his teammates.