Re: Sunday league side

southernfan wrote:I don't see why we just didn't wear amber shorts today?
On the other point, I think 99% of fans (who expressed a preference) preferred Whiskas... ooer I mean black shorts.
Because we don't have any amber shorts.

FBT kits this season have only black or red shorts. Don't get me started on the socks.

With Cheltenham in white/red shirts, black shorts and black socks, our options were:

Shirts: Amber or Black (couldn't wear white)
Shorts: Red (couldn't wear black)
Socks: White (because presumably the ref decided the black and amber hoops were too similar to plain black, and the amber socks we wore up at, I think, Morecambe were a one off, probably bought from a local sports shop). Having been in Sports Direct in Cheltenham after the match I can confirm they didn't have enough pairs of any socks for us to wear them...

The other thing that could have happened is that Cheltenham could have worn their away kit, or even the blue charity kit they wore earlier in the season, but that would have required some common sense and/or planning. They wore white shorts and socks with their home kit when they played at Rodney Parade earlier in the season and County wore amber. That would probably have been the least messy option - I really hate it when kit changes actually lead to MORE of a clash - which colour were players supposed to look out for? County were black with a bit of amber, red and white, Cheltenham white, red, black...

Corpaboy wrote:Just watched highlights and thought "What the **** are we wearing ???!!" Looked totally ridiculous and amateur ........
It looked a bit silly, but amateur would have been not having kit by the same brand (though I'm fairly sure that goes for the socks all season so far anyway). Arsenal looked a bit weird last night in red shorts with their home kit too but given FBT's supply problems I think we're probably pushing our luck to ask them to get us a batch of new shorts just for the odd game here and there.

Come to think of it, won't we have similar problems at Lincoln? I think they have red socks so will probably be black/red/black up there.

Percy plunkett wrote:The problem is having black shorts and socks for the first and third kits.Who's idea was that?
Probably the person at FBT who realised they weren't organised or big enough to deliver kit to 4 different professional clubs in the English leagues at the same time?

SJG99 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The problem is having black shorts and socks for the first and third kits.Who's idea was that?
Probably the person at FBT who realised they weren't organised or big enough to deliver kit to 4 different professional clubs in the English leagues at the same time?
Or the person that decided to change the already agreed kit supplier at the last minute

newgroundrodney wrote:
Shorts are allowed to be the same colour. You see it in loads of games up and down the country.
Is it something new as Arsenal wore red shorts yesterday?