Re: Exiles Grandstand: Exeter

excessbee wrote:Thought Frank was excellent today. He scared the life out of their number 5, Archibald-Henville in the second half. What was the injury to Stockley? It was a cowardly challenge on Ben White so getting injured was no more than he deserved.

What match were you watching scared the life out of their no 5 he did not get near him. :shock:
Nouble was out jumped out thought and fought by Archibald-Henville.
It was not a cowardly challenge they both had their eyes on the ball. Why would he deliberately head butt the back of his head. :shock:

excessbee wrote:Thought Frank was excellent today. He scared the life out of their number 5, Archibald-Henville in the second half. What was the injury to Stockley? It was a cowardly challenge on Ben White so getting injured was no more than he deserved.

??? ... I thought Archibald-Henville was excellent today, can't recall Noooooubs beating him in the air or on the deck tbh with you...

somerton moss wrote:

What match were you watching scared the life out of their no 5 he did not get near him. :shock:
It was not a cowardly challenge they both had their eyes on the ball. Why would he deliberately head butt the back of his head. :shock:
It was an awful charge on the the back of Ben.
Deserved a Red card which he may of got but for hurting himself.
Right in front of me.
O Brien gets a straight Red last week for nothing comparable again straight in front of me.
Will think twice before he does that again.

Harps62 wrote:
somerton moss wrote:

It was an awful charge on the the back of Ben.
Deserved a Red card which he may of got but for hurting himself.
Right in front of me.
O Brien gets a straight Red last week for nothing comparable again straight in front of me.
Will think twice before he does that again.
He also elbowed Ben earlier in the game and caught Bennett with an arm too

I can't believe what I'm reading on this MB. Our 1st home win in the league since October, our 1st home win against a top 6 side, and apart from 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half we played really well considering the conditions. But what do I read, loads of criticism about players being rated too highly. Get a grip. We were bottom on New Years day last year, now we are within touching distance of the playoffs. Why don't we just give the whole side credit for the win today. Mike and the boys are doing really well.

Happy New Year!

somerton moss wrote:

Stockley was still worked up about being penalised for handball moments earlier. When he finally finished complaining to the ref, he chased after a ball that he was never going to win and clattered into Ben White when he was in the air. It was a nasty, petulant challenge. He was never going to get the ball but was intent on getting the man instead.

Blackandamber wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading on this MB. Our 1st home win in the league since October, our 1st home win against a top 6 side, and apart from 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half we played really well considering the conditions. But what do I read, loads of criticism about players being rated too highly. Get a grip. We were bottom on New Years day last year, now we are within touching distance of the playoffs. Why don't we just give the whole side credit for the win today. Mike and the boys are doing really well.

Happy New Year!
Spot on that man

excessbee wrote:
somerton moss wrote:

Stockley was still worked up about being penalised for handball moments earlier. When he finally finished complaining to the ref, he chased after a ball that he was never going to win and clattered into Ben White when he was in the air. It was a nasty, petulant challenge. He was never going to get the ball but was intent on getting the man instead.
Spot on that man also.
Glad we still have some sense on this forum.

Blackandamber wrote:I can't believe what I'm reading on this MB. Our 1st home win in the league since October, our 1st home win against a top 6 side, and apart from 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half we played really well considering the conditions. But what do I read, loads of criticism about players being rated too highly. Get a grip. We were bottom on New Years day last year, now we are within touching distance of the playoffs. Why don't we just give the whole side credit for the win today. Mike and the boys are doing really well.

Happy New Year!
+1

Corpaboy wrote:

Happy New Year!
+1
+2

I see players as individuals although a team and if one or two are not giving 100% or more for the cause when the 10 or 9 are busting a gut I will comment on it and if a player/s are letting the team down it will be said. That shows that I care for the club and want County to succeed and what Mike and his staff have done is exceptional and sometimes beyond belief. If I knock a player it will be done constructively and with looking at the whole picture and not through rose tinted glasses that some view football.
If a message board does not have home truths written about performances then frankly why bother writing on here because your only fooling yourselves and others. :roll: