Re: Exiles Grandstand: Exeter

Harps62 wrote:Well here we go.
Just got in and still pumping with pride.
What a fantastical game of football, totally enjoyable 98 minutes.
Not 6 minutes added but 8!
Disgusting turnout of 2900 on a Bank Holiday afternoon yet these (fans) will be there next Sunday of course.
Superb Ref and Hazel lino.
Best I have seen County first half this season then 7 minutes of total panic to start the second half.
Ridiculous park football but thank goodness we settled down.
Hopefully Robbie and Frank have shut up their berators.
Robbie on the right wing allowing Padraig & Big Frank to stay in the middle.
Great 3 points well earned.
Got to give .5 points today as some were so good.

Joe 9 Unbelievable save at the end
Pipey 7 Just Pipey
Ben 7 6 for first half worst I have seen him but got stuck in 2nd.
Micky 10 Awesome
Bennett 6 Our weak link
Dan 9 Just gets better
Dolan 6 Far too slow tried but not in the game and dead balls didn't come off today
Robbie 9.5 Made the first and unbelievable strike for the winner
Padraig 7.5 for great goal but then disappeared
Frank 8 Never stopped chasing.
Labs 8.5 Everywhere again.

Unbelievable conditions with the wind blowing straight down the pitch from the North End.

Maybe Tozer for Bennett was Flynnys only mistake today.

Great afternoons entertainment.

Cheers

Harps
Puzzled hoe you can mark Frank above Podge.Podge's work rate was immense where as Frank vanished for long periods of the 2nd half.

County ranger wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Happy you gave him an 8 but when you get Ranger stating 6 or 7 that's ridiculous.
Its only opinion but that's nuts IMO
It is opinion you only gave Amond 7.5 he had a lot to do to score and his vision and quality set up the second. You like Willmott and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I still do not see a L2 player in Willmott.
Before he scored I was saying take him off because apart from the assist he was quiet. Lucky Flynny kept him on, because he scored he'd get a 7 or 8 but personally overall contribution is limited. We all have our favourite players Harps.......mine isn't Wilmott.

No way does Nouble rate above Amond today.

Amond scored a superb goal and was amongst a lot of our attacking play, the fact he scored automatically puts him above frank in the ratings.

I know some on here love Nouble and think he gets a rough time but sometimes he warrants the criticism.

At the end of the day, when you're getting out jumped by players smaller than you on a regular basis you need to be asked questions of.

Mr Gallipoli wrote:No way does Nouble rate above Amond today.

Among scored a superb goal and was amongst a lot of our attacking play, the fact he scored automatically puts him above frank in the ratings.

I know some on here love Nouble and think he gets a rough time but sometimes he warrants the criticism.

At the end of the day, when you're getting out jumped by players smaller than you on a regular basis you need to be asked questions of.
Amond had a much better game, scored and a lovely assist with a backheel. Involved in a lot of good attacking play. Nouble also had a decent game, chased and harried but no end product.

Its all about opinions but I take my time to detail my thoughts if you disagree marvellous that's what it is all about.
Totally agree that Frank is woeful from a standing start in the air though.
He did get a few headed touch on's today and there were sighs of surprise.
Saying that Dan out jumps far taller players and Robbie to a lesser extent for smallish chaps they are both excellent in the air

Harps62 wrote:Its all about opinions but I take my time to detail my thoughts if you disagree marvellous that's what it is all about.
Saying that Dan out jumps far taller players and Robbie to a lesser extent for smallish chaps they are both excellent in the air

Definitely all about opinions, but can you honestly say Nooooubs, with his non stop running, did more in that game today than Amond with his goal, assist and non stop running?

Despite a lot of the top teams also winning today we have pulled back 3 points on Lincoln & Exeter plus 2 on Colchester.
Accrington have to win their postponed game.
We are now 19 points above relegation plus far superior goal difference.
Amazing season so far and who knows what awaits us.

excessbee wrote:Thought Frank was excellent today. He scared the life out of their number 5, Archibald-Henville in the second half. What was the injury to Stockley? It was a cowardly challenge on Ben White so getting injured was no more than he deserved.
The injury saved him getting a yellow or worse for sure.
Ref was getting a card out until Pipey told him it was a serious head blow then all was forgotten.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Its all about opinions but I take my time to detail my thoughts if you disagree marvellous that's what it is all about.

Definitely all about opinions, but can you honestly say Nooooubs, with his non stop running, did more in that game today than Amond with his goal, assist and non stop running?
Seriously thought after his superb goal he was not in the game much maybe in hindsight I should of marked him up a bit due to the touch to Robbie for the second superb goal.
Cheers

SULLY34 wrote:Forgot to mention how poor I thought the Exeter side were today compared to the past few seasons. They're normally a very good footballing side but I thought they were one of the poorest teams to visit RP this season.
I thought they were made to look relatively poor because of the way we closed them down, stifling their normal passing game.