Re: New Directors

Jimmy Exile, I don't really know much about Kev Ward other than he used to be editor of the Argus, as far as I'm aware his business is within the media industry ( I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in his manifesto) the skills he has will no doubt improve our communication between the fans & the media, maybe also create better commercial links but until he actually starts his role nobody knows.
Rob Sant has several people working for him in various roles, ok we're not talking " multi millionaire " status here but he is a businessman & not merely " self employed " his strengths are more along the lines of what he does to help raise funds rather than simply plough money in so rather than sit around wishing for a " golden goose " to arrive at the club, how about offering these people some help when it comes to fund raising?

Jimmy Exile wrote:hi. Anyway congratulations to the 5 who have been elected. as I said before I think the current directors have done a great job so remains to be seen what the new directors will bring. personally I was unhappy with the quality of the candidates with no businessmen putting themselves forward but am willing to give the new guys a chance to see what they can do

Jimmy
Question for you how many of the current board ( elected by the fans ) that you are saying are doing a fine job are businessmen ??

Dan

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Bush wrote:Hard to know whether 250 is a poor turnout or not unless we know how many current trust members there are.
hi. Think we have 2500 trust members. so the turn out is awful and just shows lost people don't care about off field stuff
As a trust member who didn't vote, I can only comment for myself.

I didn't vote because I don't think it will make too much difference who is on the board under the current structure. The end result will be much the same either way, only perhaps we might know slightly more of what is going on. Doesn't really make any difference who is working behind the scenes if the "main board" are only willing to do things in a certain way. The whole process is largely a waste of time and money in my eyes.

My interest levels will only peak again if the structure comes up for change. I would certainly vote on that, but it doesn't seem as though members would be consulted on something like that based on what I've read in the past.

The only benefit of being a trust member for me really is priority on tickets for big games. This is the only reason I joined.

Harps62 wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Should be announced correctly not via Social media.
Its all Mickey Mouse as usual.
Hi. are you still writing to Alex? If so you need to complain about Kevin rob and Ryan as they are the ones saying on social media. or are you not bothering if it's not the club at fault?
Certainly will drop Alex a line in the morning.

Scenario.

General Election waiting for the result from Newport East.
Mike Flynn tells reporter no need to wait for official announcement from the Electoral officer as I have just put it out on my facebook page I've got in again.
Marvellous
What's the problem with that, it only makes (surely Paul) Flynn look like a melon if he's wrong?

Justanordinaryfan wrote:It seems to me, that people are more interested in moaning on here, about publishing of votes, etc than actually voting?
Well if voting was this easy we'd have had a much bigger turnout.

I drove 125 miles to vote, just saying. Decided to go to the match too though. :wink:

What it shows is (and I've always suspected it) that most fans are happy to simply attend matches and aren't as bothered about how the club is run. That is something to remember when there appears to be major unrest on this forum, it doesn't reflect the views of the average fan.
I voted by the way.

Fully agree with what the cat says above.

Email from Trust as follows:

Following the completion of voting in the recent Trust elections the count was held on 1 January 2018 at Rodney Parade, Newport.

Provided below are details of the final vote, including the number of votes received for each candidate.

(The ‘E’ in the final column denotes candidates who were successful in being elected.)

Candidate Name Vote Position Elected

1 Phil Ashcroft 103 6 -
2 Ryan Courtney 121 5 E
3 Colin Faulkner 140 3 E
4 Bob Herrin 172 2 E
5 Rob Santwris 130 4 E
6 Kevin Ward 193 1 E

A total of 222 valid ballot papers were received. No ballot papers were rejected on the grounds of not being completed correctly. The voter turnout was 18.3% of the eligible Trust membership.

Once the English Football League Owners and Directors tests have been completed the five directors will formally be able to take up their position on the Board of Newport County AFC Supporters Trust.

To view the NCAFC Elections 2017 Final Results Declaration please click here.

Regards,
Your Club, Your Trust