Re: GRANDSTAND: NCAFC v Leeds United (FA Cup)

lowandhard wrote:
Trev wrote:Yes special mention mike dean excellent refereeing today totally fair unlike some that we have had .all we ask is fairness it seem some of the lower league refs deliberately bias towards away teams tryin not to let noise from home influence them even tho it is a foul thats all i can think otherwise they are cheats .
It’s what I’ve always said but nobody takes any notice. Stands out like a sore thumb when you get a fair, unbiased , non-cheating referee , unfortunately the efl is full of the opposite and there is a bias against us for whatever reason, I suspect it’s a historical and cultural thing but we rarely get a fair crack of the whip which is all I would ever ask for. Full marks for Dean today who missed very little except a couple of handballs - one of them a pen for us.
I think you've got a bit of a complex tbh. Refs are never going to please everyone no matter what they do and I don't think County have been any more or less harshly done than any other club. Mike Dean is usually overly officious and loves to make big decisions (often wrongly) but I'm not sure he thought Newport v Leeds was worth his showmanship - and even then he managed to send a player off for something he didn't see and book a player for "overcelebrating" an historic club moment...

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Totally made up what a superb performance.
We were the better side and just kept plugging away
Robbie was immense as was Labs, Frank and Dan
Can only do this on my mobile as just lost connection on my lap top
Sorry if I get this wrong but it's what I saw on Tv
Joe 8 goal not his fault
Pipey 7 Just Pipey
Micky 8 saw little of him did great job
White 8 Cool as ever
Bennett 7 So slow
Dolan 6 Not in the game
Labs 9 Immense
Robbie 10 unbelievable beat Leeds defence every time he got the ball
Padraig 8 Just kept plugging away
Frank 9 Back to his best
Dan 9 superb
McCoulsky 10 for the fantastic goal will go down in folklore
You must have a good tv to give such in-depth individual analysis from the armchair ?
I don't think watching on tv and live makes much difference overall - live you can watch what you like but only once, and have to be pretty switched on to pick up all the players at a distance and tactics etc. On tv you might miss some of the movement off the ball but you get to look at stuff a few times, albeit sometimes with the bias of the commentators overlaid.

SJG99 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Totally made up what a superb performance.
We were the better side and just kept plugging away
Robbie was immense as was Labs, Frank and Dan
Can only do this on my mobile as just lost connection on my lap top
Sorry if I get this wrong but it's what I saw on Tv
Joe 8 goal not his fault
Pipey 7 Just Pipey
Micky 8 saw little of him did great job
White 8 Cool as ever
Bennett 7 So slow
Dolan 6 Not in the game
Labs 9 Immense
Robbie 10 unbelievable beat Leeds defence every time he got the ball
Padraig 8 Just kept plugging away
Frank 9 Back to his best
Dan 9 superb
McCoulsky 10 for the fantastic goal will go down in folklore
You must have a good tv to give such in-depth individual analysis from the armchair ?
I don't think watching on tv and live makes much difference overall - live you can watch what you like but only once, and have to be pretty switched on to pick up all the players at a distance and tactics etc. On tv you might miss some of the movement off the ball but you get to look at stuff a few times, albeit sometimes with the bias of the commentators overlaid.
My only regret was to forget to record it as that would stay on the box forever.

ref23 wrote:Special mention for Leeds' number 22 with the bob tail, who must be the worst professional footballer I have ever seen.

Absolutely no bottle whatsoever, shat out of every challenge and made sure we were playing against 10 men from the first whistle. Well done that man.
I think that nails it. They have loads of players who have been talent-spotted young and signed for big fees, but several come from countries where the fourth tier would be a pushover. Nos 9 and 11 looked huge and scary in the warm-up, but no bottle at all. On paper it should have been another 5-1

Leeds supporters - you deserve more respect from your own players.

Bush wrote:Anyone know whether pollpot enjoyed watching the game today?!!! That should keep him off here now!

What a result. Second half just brilliant.
Loved it mate.
But it was 11 men v 8 men all game lol
Must admit the banter sat night/sunday with your fans in the pubs was first class.
Flip even the hedlu were a good laugh.