Re: GRANDSTAND: NCAFC v Leeds United (FA Cup)

Watching them warm up, I thought "Christ, those centrebacks are huge" but it was the front two. Thought Lasogga did even less than Grot.

Is Kemar Roofe fit? He has beaten us on his own more than once. If he was just left out, that would be a motivator. "Look guys, they think they are so good they don't need him to beat us."
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on January 8th, 2018, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
ref23 wrote:Special mention for Leeds' number 22 with the bob tail, who must be the worst professional footballer I have ever seen.

Absolutely no bottle whatsoever, shat out of every challenge and made sure we were playing against 10 men from the first whistle. Well done that man.
I think that nails it. They have loads of players who have been talent-spotted young and signed for big fees, but several come from countries where the fourth tier would be a pushover. Nos 9 and 11 looked huge and scary in the warm-up, but no bottle at all. On paper it should have been another 5-1

Leeds supporters - you deserve more respect from your own players.
Their starting 11 had over 1,200 football league appearances in total between them.

On their website they have profiles of a first-team squad of 26. Fourteen of yesterday's 18 are in it.

Yes, the "nine changes" thing is misleading. Three of yesterday's starters came on as subs in their last league game, a 0-0 against Forest, and totalled about 120 minutes between them. Both yesterday's subs against us played 90 minutes against Forest and all seven subs on the bench then started yesterday.
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on January 8th, 2018, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amberexile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
ref23 wrote:Special mention for Leeds' number 22 with the bob tail, who must be the worst professional footballer I have ever seen.

Absolutely no bottle whatsoever, shat out of every challenge and made sure we were playing against 10 men from the first whistle. Well done that man.
I think that nails it. They have loads of players who have been talent-spotted young and signed for big fees, but several come from countries where the fourth tier would be a pushover. Nos 9 and 11 looked huge and scary in the warm-up, but no bottle at all. On paper it should have been another 5-1

Leeds supporters - you deserve more respect from your own players.
Their starting 11 had over 1,200 football league appearances in total between them.
I was with a Leeds supporting colleague and he says that that big No 9 is on loan from Hamburg and was on the verge of a call up to the German squad before a knee injury. So he may not have many football league appearances but certainly should have done a little bit more than he actually did.

penycwm county wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:That's the thing, they put out a weakened side not like it was their reserve or kids side
If you were a Leeds fan, what would you prefer, another round in the FAC or concentrate on getting a play-off spot, if they get that the FAC loss will soon be forgotten.

So one extra round in the FAC was going to derail their play off chances?? Losing to Newport County is more likely to do damage Imo.
Their manager was gutted, reading a lot of Leeds fans on Twitter they're fuming.