Re: FGR have started

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:If Vince is giving money and not as director loans then that's fine.
Shows what a farce that rule is then.
If I wanted to make a financial gift to my football club and got nothing material back (financial; shareholding etc) in return; then what is wrong with that?

Without 'gifts' the status quo will more than likely never be broken as the Arsenal's/Man U's/Chelsea's et al brands/franchises win out but this scenario can be played out further down the divisions (as tv monies skew).

The idea of FFP was to provide an enviroment, checks in place to help prevent clubs falling into administration.

Before it was in place (FFP) the loans put in place with many clubs (and still exist) means that there are clubs that in all likelihood couldn't repay them should they be called in.

For me it's better to have FFP with 'gifts' as the 'best' of an imperfect interventionism :

Firstly, if there was no FFP, more clubs that people love, like we love the County, could be exposed to folding forever or have to start again.... (helps to prevent by early checks and balances and helps limit balls- out chancer types).
If it was FFP with no 'gifts' then there would be little chance to change up the 92 league status quo - stale, no new blood, little incentive.

The downside of 'allowing 'gifts' is that unfashionable clubs with owners who want to make a point, make a stand, have a plaything etc. come to the party - but then who said life was perfect. As we view FGR, there are clubs much higher up than us looking at Burton.

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:It was why I started this thread, we all knew Vince would throw money at it, just a question of how much. With the rumours of an expensive goalkeeper signing , they could be up the other end of the table by Easter :shock:
True.

However with our history we can't really complain.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:It was why I started this thread, we all knew Vince would throw money at it, just a question of how much. With the rumours of an expensive goalkeeper signing , they could be up the other end of the table by Easter :shock:
True.

Also true :grin:

lowandhardandinthecorner wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
True.

Also true :grin:
Especially as nobody is being deceived over the situation at FGR, unlike ourselves.