Re: Giggs

Its not unusual for international teams to have managers who have little or no experience as a manager

Franz Beckenbauer's first managerial gig was for West Germany in the 80's. He took them to 2 world cups winning one and losing the final in the other so not bad for someone with no experience

Mark Hughes also did well in first managerial job when he was Wales manager

Having said that great players rarely make great managers so time will tell with Giggsy. I am reasonably optimistic however and would rather have Giggs than Belamy in the job

Re: FAW interviews

Ironically for someone who turned down so many job that he wasn't offered he seems to have accepted the first one offered to him!

Honestly don't think the appointment matters. as long as he realises we need to be solid and build the side around bale then he will be fine. if he over complicates things like coleman did early on then he isn't going to get results.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
B0mbshell wrote: He could be the one to take Wales to the next level.
I'm genuinely interested to know on what you're basing that.
He played in one of the most attacking football teams the UK has seen in years.

He's played under the UK's arguably most successful manager (Ferguson) So he's learnt from the best & obviously just a phone call away for advice.

He's played at the top level from the age 17 until 39. Premier League & Champions League.

I genuinely believe he has a point to prove and if he wants to go on to a big European club he's going to have to do the business for us.

I also think he'll play a more modern attacking way of football.

We also have some brilliant young talent coming through.

lowandhard wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
B0mbshell wrote: He could be the one to take Wales to the next level.
I'm genuinely interested to know on what you're basing that.
Yeah me too :shock: presumably on him not turning up much

Why are so many people bashing him before he's even had a chance to show what he can do?
Personally I couldn't give a flying f*** if superstar players like Giggs & Bale turn up for friendlies, we know what they can do and it gives a chance for fringe players to try and stake a claim in the team/squad.
I don't (as none of us do) know if he'll be a success or not but one thing I think he'll command the respect of the players straight away for everything he has achieved at the highest level and young players will want to play for him..

I think Giggs is the best candidate out of who was available.

People say he didn't turn up yet praise bale for being a hero yet if you look at the stats bale has only played 20 mins out of the last 7 freindlys.

It's a fact that champions league teams need to look after their stars.

Also I bet fergie was fuming when he found out a young Giggs was witnessing punch ups in training down spytty park on Wales duty. At that point we were below Amerteur. I've read articles in the past where all hell would beak loose under yoreth.

He is one of the highest capped players and practically carried out amerteur set up and has recently done the local club circuits with McDonald's etc so can't doubt his commitment.