Re: Mike Dean

One thing I liked was that the ref seemed to have the respect of both sets of players. Can't recall many questioning his decisions and he had a good rapport with both sides.
Even when ' Spit the dog ' spat at Wilmott he controlled the incident in a cool calm manner

daftasfxxx wrote:Apart from missing a deliberate handball by Grot which nearly led to a goal right at the start i couldn't fault him
Yes, I noticed that which is why I mentioned on another thread about three handballs , there was another less obvious pat down to control I believe but the one I’d like to see again was when their player was on the deck at the edge of the penalty area , it would have blindsided the linesman but looked a pen, having said that none of our players appealed so may have been an optical illusion from my viewpoint in the Bisley.

Personally, I think the game is about goals and those special moments like yesterday, both players being booked for it is a little authoritarian unless its dangerous imho
EDIT: i mean from the FA, obviously refs are following the guidelines.

lowandhard wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Apart from missing a deliberate handball by Grot which nearly led to a goal right at the start i couldn't fault him
Yes, I noticed that which is why I mentioned on another thread about three handballs , there was another less obvious pat down to control I believe but the one I’d like to see again was when their player was on the deck at the edge of the penalty area , it would have blindsided the linesman but looked a pen, having said that none of our players appealed so may have been an optical illusion from my viewpoint in the Bisley.
Reported in the Mail apparently