Re: New training ground?

Whatever the cost I am absolutely delighted that Newport County have a manager who has realized that we need to invest in a long term investment and an infrastructure which will stand the test of time.

With the influx of new directors and the possibility of building relationships within the city I am more optimistic about our future than I have been in a very long time.

Whatever the future holds for Michael Flynn the fact remains that unlike, Holdsworth, Edinburgh, Butcher, Sheridan and a few others he has a personal interest in County succeeding for longer than the duration of his stay.

For too long we have been about crisis management. We now have stability both in the fact that at the very worst we're safe from relegation and finances should be good. Cambridge made the mistake of spending much of their windfall on players who were not value for money. Just like us in the early 1980's.

Best thing about Flynn is that he appears to be learning. When we equalized yesterday he worked out that Leeds had lost it and went for the win. He isn't the Messiah, he is potentially a good manager.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Oxford United have an arrangement with Oxford City but I think City play on plastic.
Yeah, United paid for City's new plastic pitch and are upgrading the training facilities at Court Place Farm so that both teams can use it for training. It came about from an agreement between the two clubs and the council whereby all benefited.

Like Trev, I'd like to see us come to an arrangement with Dragon Park where we stick some money in to improve/expand the facilities in exchange for a lengthy lease to then have access to those facilities X days a week. That'd be a very good use of any FA Cup windfall that would provide a tangible long-term benefit.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Oxford United have an arrangement with Oxford City but I think City play on plastic.
Yeah, United paid for City's new plastic pitch and are upgrading the training facilities at Court Place Farm so that both teams can use it for training. It came about from an agreement between the two clubs and the council whereby all benefited.

Like Trev, I'd like to see us come to an arrangement with Dragon Park where we stick some money in to improve/expand the facilities in exchange for a lengthy lease to then have access to those facilities X days a week. That'd be a very good use of any FA Cup windfall that would provide a tangible long-term benefit.

We would be better off spending some of money by buying into Newport Stadium or even taking it off Newport City Council hands and using Newport Stadium as a training ground and reserve games and also the academy games. Not to forget Newport City Football Club allowing them too use the Stadium as well.

Coronation park would be perfect, 4 pitches changing rooms a club house already there.
Newport corries might be open to sharing as i believe they own the clubhouse and lease the pitches of the council, they’d get better maintained grounds maybe some money in the coffers possibility of loan players, already a connection at the club with one of Flynny’s assistants being connected to corries.