Re: Pitch

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:I know that the pitch is a vast improvement on previous seasons and has sustained a hammering from the rugby during the month of December, but criticisms are now starting to emerge about the quality of the surface, and it's uneven nature was very noticeable yesterday. In a recent interview even Wilmott was making a negative comment.
Do you think that the ground staff should be able to provide a bobble free surface or are their technical capabilities to be questioned again? I ask as Coventry and Swansea both share with rugby teams but don't seem to have similar issues.
But we share with 2 rugby teams!

Blackandamber wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:I know that the pitch is a vast improvement on previous seasons and has sustained a hammering from the rugby during the month of December, but criticisms are now starting to emerge about the quality of the surface, and it's uneven nature was very noticeable yesterday. In a recent interview even Wilmott was making a negative comment.
Do you think that the ground staff should be able to provide a bobble free surface or are their technical capabilities to be questioned again? I ask as Coventry and Swansea both share with rugby teams but don't seem to have similar issues.
So should that make a difference to pre match preparation like giving the pitch a light rolling?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
So should that make a difference to pre match preparation like giving the pitch a light rolling?
No, bit it'll make a difference to how deep the ruts are before rolling. Also Swansea have a lot more money to throw at it, for heat lamps etc to stimulate regrowth, and Coventry's pitch looked much worse than County's on the weekend.