Re: Rugby & Pitch

It's beginning to show wear now with the grass looking thinner and hints of mud appearing. Still good though and I recall that the WRU said that it would not be pretty in the depths of winter but should remain functional because of the plastic underlay.

Re: Rugby & Pitch

Wasn't it said when it was laid that ideally there should be a longer time frame to allow the grass to bed in. A few bumps but appeared to be playing the same across the whole surface so I'd proffer that it's been a success thus far. And it's unlikely to get a sterner test that it's had over the Xmas/New Year period with weather conditions and number of games played in quick succession.

If this continues all season I might have to eat my words about three teams (two rugby) on one pitch...

Pitch

I know that the pitch is a vast improvement on previous seasons and has sustained a hammering from the rugby during the month of December, but criticisms are now starting to emerge about the quality of the surface, and it's uneven nature was very noticeable yesterday. In a recent interview even Wilmott was making a negative comment.
Do you think that the ground staff should be able to provide a bobble free surface or are their technical capabilities to be questioned again? I ask as Coventry and Swansea both share with rugby teams but don't seem to have similar issues.

Re: Pitch

mad norm wrote:Noticed a few times players loosing foothold at critical moments.
But that will happen in any game, particularly at this time of year. I hadn't been since the Carlisle game, it's had a lot of wear since and it's in great shape. Much better than expected.