Thankyou to lady who told off clown in Hazell Stand

A fantastic day for the club yesterday and a terrific atmosphere created by 99.9% County and Leeds fans.

Just wanted to thank the lady in Hazell Stand (Block C) who told off the clown that loudly shouted 'come on you useless c@£ts' at our own players during a quiet period of play. As the lady rightly pointed out, the bloke was surrounded by children & families and that sort of language and behaviour was completely out of kilter with a really enjoyable FA cup atmosphere.

As soon as she called him out, the bloke fell completely silent and sheepish. It was a shame that the same man was quite prominent in the TV coverage of the game as one of the pitch invaders (bloke with a hat who jumped in front of the camera with a few of our players) as he didnt even seem to be a proper County fan, but in any case it was good to see someone standing up to a loudmouth intent on spoiling a good atmosphere.

Thanks to that lady.

Re: Thankyou to lady who told off clown in Hazell Stand

newgroundrodney wrote:There's a fella in the Hazells Terrace that does something similar every game, week in, week out, but usually directed at whoever happens to be unlucky enough to be linesman on that side.
Then again, Flynny's choice of phrase is a bit near the bone too.
It's one of the problems with not having a covered end. My view is that there should be one area of the stadium where people should be able to swear like troopers for the duration.By the same token there should be areas where all swearing is not allowed.

I don't tend to swear at football but I can't say bad language offends me. I am aware though that it does offend some. It's just a respect thing really.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Some of it is elderly men who can't hold their beer. There was one old wreck in the Bisley yesterday much more interested in abusing fellow spectators for supposedly not getting behind the team. Suspect he was too out of it to find his way back to his own seat, but at least he didn't piss himself. .
Fair play, that's really good going to get in that state by midday. I tried my best but even I was still standing up and talking coherently until at least 3pm.

ref23 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Some of it is elderly men who can't hold their beer. There was one old wreck in the Bisley yesterday much more interested in abusing fellow spectators for supposedly not getting behind the team. Suspect he was too out of it to find his way back to his own seat, but at least he didn't piss himself. .
Fair play, that's really good going to get in that state by midday. I tried my best but even I was still standing up and talking coherently until at least 3pm.
:grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:There's a fella in the Hazells Terrace that does something similar every game, week in, week out, but usually directed at whoever happens to be unlucky enough to be linesman on that side.
It's one of the problems with not having a covered end. My view is that there should be one area of the stadium where people should be able to swear like troopers for the duration.By the same token there should be areas where all swearing is not allowed.

I don't tend to swear at football but I can't say bad language offends me. I am aware though that it does offend some. It's just a respect thing really.
Fortunately I have a covered end.....Especially in this north wind

mad norm wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Fortunately I have a covered end.....Especially in this north wind
Is it called Doris