Re: Spurs tickets

I think we should use the same ticketing structure as Leeds just with £2/£3 added on per ticket, decent amount of extra revenue for the club whilst not going to far. The last thing we need to be doing is putting of parents from bringing their children with them!

CameronGuy10 wrote:I think we should use the same ticketing structure as Leeds just with £2/£3 added on per ticket, decent amount of extra revenue for the club whilst not going to far. The last thing we need to be doing is putting of parents from bringing their children with them!
I'd go along with this, but would leave the young adult price the same as for the Leeds game. The flat rate increases of £3 were disproportionate. Small (£2) increases for adults and seniors would be OK. After all the quality of opposition has gone up a level.

[quote="Rjwebby2811"][quote="Rjwebby2811"]30 for away end, 25 for adults and under 16 a fiver, I'm all for the club trying to make as much money as possible but wouldn't it be better to make sure that the kids return for future games, that's where the club will gain the most

Fourthousand wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
South London Exile wrote:This happens every time a game like this pops up and will keep happening until the club introduce some form of loyalty/points scheme or club membership.

By the way I'm an exile who goes to about 10 games a season, home and away games, and usually pay cash on the gate wherever I go. So I'll be amazed if I manage to get a ticket for this sadly :cry:

Heaven and all the saints be praised!!.... someone with a bit of sense..
What would be the cost for our club putting such a system in place? Is it a simple off the shelf software bolt- on to the existing ticketing system? What training is required for staff? Who supports the s/w; what is the cost of the maintenance; cost of licence?

I can understand when clubs have 10's of thousands of season ticket holders (Spurs have (40k for example) and away tickets are oversubscribed 10 fold for every game; where rewards and benefits and purchases add to your points score and/or when buying every away ticket keeps you at the top end of the ticket allocation table (but can always sell it on because of demand). Where demand is so high and supply so mean for every game, that a club can push up the individual spend by attracting those best suduced by their club or have the deepest pockets BUT:
Could you show the financial gains of doing this and/or the cost v's allocation fairness equation for just a few games a season. For me it feels too early in our development lifecycle (need demand to be outripping supply more than Just 2 or 3 times out of 50 odd events).
Ps QPR have a relatively small ground capacity; large base and have probably reached saturation/tipping point where the scheme becomes 'competitive' - but anyway show us some cost justification figs.
We had this discussion before the Leeds game. I haven't seen any bolt-ons that work that easily (Southampton went through a terrible iteration added onto their iFollow website a few years back, it didn't even report on the number of games people had attended easily), and there's a LOT of functionality people don't generally think about - which probably comes as an add-on at additional development cost.

It's probably not something County need at this point, with a big cup game every couple of years, but there are a few things that could be done without investment that might help - the ticketing system prints unique tickets, and these should all be saved against a customer membership number or ID already - my online record shows games attended, but I don't think that data is used beyond that when it could be tracking games attended, and I don't think it's got last season's on there. All ST purchases should go against a customer number too - and it would make sense to link that to the iFollow account to keep everything in one place, help with the marketing, etc.

Long and short, it's a "would be nice" at the moment, but probably not enough use to justify it.

Rjwebby2811 wrote:30 for away end, 25 for adults and under 16 a fiver, I'm all for the club trying to make as much money as possible but wouldn't it be better to make sure that the kids return for future games, that's where the club will gain the most
They'd have to get Spurs' approval to charge their fans more than ours for a start.

SJG99 wrote:
Rjwebby2811 wrote:30 for away end, 25 for adults and under 16 a fiver, I'm all for the club trying to make as much money as possible but wouldn't it be better to make sure that the kids return for future games, that's where the club will gain the most
They'd have to get Spurs' approval to charge their fans more than ours for a start.
30 adults then I've got no problem paying 30 as most of you wouldn't, just don't over price the kids and teenagers from coming

excessbee wrote:We won't be suddenly chopping the prices for young adults (or seniors for that matter). The pricing structure for the Leeds match will be a starting point for this game with maybe small increases but certainly not reductions.
As I've mentioned, the casual interest in this match is massive compared to the Leeds game and the pricing should reflect it. The argument that we shouldn't charge more because we're fan-owned is ridiculous because the best interests of the club are served by it maximising its profit margins, which is to extract as much money from the fans as they can.

That involves balancing the frequency of attendance with the cost of tickets, and sometimes the best thing for the club is to charge fans more - especially when the ST holders who are the "core" fans who should be considered are already given the benefit of priority purchasing twice as many tickets as they need.