Re: How much would you be prepared to pay for the Spurs game

Bush wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:No but if I was Mike Flynn I'd be saying that Pocchetino has assured him that barring injuries he'll be playing his full side. Can always backtrack after the game...
If the pitch starts to churn up worse now in the next few weeks we won't be seeing the likes Kane, Ali and Erickson risked on that.
As right as you might be, let’s not start putting that out there and planting seeds of doubt in peoples minds as rumours like that could affect the demand for tickets.

Bush wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:Hopefully we can get some extra seating for the Spurs fans. What is the Capacity at the moment?
What's the rugby capacity? there must be scope to increase the capacity for us.
7850 for football
8700 for rugby

In theory the difference is supposed to be the segregation for football, but that's only about 10 seats wide and the depth of the Bisley, which is 11 rows, so that's only about 110 seats. Guessing the rest is "safe terrace capacity".

Trouble is without a new safety certificate we're not getting any more in the ground, and the closure behind the dugouts also needs to be considered.

Newportonian wrote:
Bush wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:No but if I was Mike Flynn I'd be saying that Pocchetino has assured him that barring injuries he'll be playing his full side. Can always backtrack after the game...
If the pitch starts to churn up worse now in the next few weeks we won't be seeing the likes Kane, Ali and Erickson risked on that.
As right as you might be, let’s not start putting that out there and planting seeds of doubt in peoples minds as rumours like that could affect the demand for tickets.
I seriously doubt that mate. It’s spurs for gods sake.

SJG99 wrote:
Bush wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:Hopefully we can get some extra seating for the Spurs fans. What is the Capacity at the moment?
What's the rugby capacity? there must be scope to increase the capacity for us.
7850 for football
8700 for rugby

In theory the difference is supposed to be the segregation for football, but that's only about 10 seats wide and the depth of the Bisley, which is 11 rows, so that's only about 110 seats. Guessing the rest is "safe terrace capacity".

Trouble is without a new safety certificate we're not getting any more in the ground, and the closure behind the dugouts also needs to be considered.
Its at least a couple of hundred down from that because some dickheads decided to launch missles at the dugouts

What's the rugby capacity? there must be scope to increase the capacity for us.[/quote]

7850 for football
8700 for rugby

Trouble is without a new safety certificate we're not getting any more in the ground, and the closure behind the dugouts also needs to be considered.[/quote]
Its at least a couple of hundred down from that because some dickheads decided to launch missles at the dugouts[/quote]

What's happening with that area? Could it possibly be open for the Spurs game?

Newportonian wrote:
Bush wrote:
Even more doubt.... Spurs play Man Utd a few days later in the premier league.

Staggered how people are proposing fleecing the fans for this. Ticket prices are a joke in this Country. We're a league two side and we need to be thinking of the bigger picture. Increasing ticket prices by up to 50% as proposed by some on here would be disastrous from a PR perspective for the club. Would it sell out? Probably but people would pay through gritted teeth and supporters might think twice about coming in the future, or sticking their hand in their pocket the next time the club comes knocking, cap in hand...

Caerleon Exile wrote:Staggered how people are proposing fleecing the fans for this. Ticket prices are a joke in this Country. We're a league two side and we need to be thinking of the bigger picture. Increasing ticket prices by up to 50% as proposed by some on here would be disastrous from a PR perspective for the club. Would it sell out? Probably but people would pay through gritted teeth and supporters might think twice about coming in the future, or sticking their hand in their pocket the next time the club comes knocking, cap in hand...
I agree entirely.

I would add once again that for many people the cost of football is prohibitive. If you cash in there is the possibility of two unintended consequences. Firstly that genuine fans are priced out. Secondly that people will pay as Caerleon says through gritted teeth but then give a miss to a league game in February. So the overall gain is negligible in any event.

If we are serious about being a fan based club then we need to know the difference between making money and exploitation.