Re: How much would you be prepared to pay for the Spurs game

£5.00 pounds, who are Tottenham hale anyways, do they have a league side?
apparently, their Managers called 'portonthechino' it's in the borough of Haringey.
Am I allowed to say Haringey? I don't know, anyways it's only about the size of pill
pop 15000 but not as nice. They like their women rough and humour tough so they
should feel at home in Newport, although their not looking forward to the 11 am
Sunday kickoff and they don't want to risk their star striker on our ankle twister of a pitch
or any of their first team, so their second team are getting dumped on by the first team
players to do the hard work in the 4th round, thinking about it £6.00, after all, it's not Arsenal.

If the pitch starts to churn up worse now in the next few weeks we won't be seeing the likes Kane, Ali and Erickson risked on that.[/quote]

As right as you might be, let’s not start putting that out there and planting seeds of doubt in peoples minds as rumours like that could affect the demand for tickets.[/quote]

Even more doubt.... Spurs play Man Utd a few days later in the premier league.[/quote]

There 4 games after us is man Utd, Liverpool, arsenal and finished off with champions league game against juventus. That will be 5 games in 17 days starting with the game against us. Would be amazed if we see more that 2-3 first teamers

Caerleon Exile wrote:Staggered how people are proposing fleecing the fans for this. Ticket prices are a joke in this Country. We're a league two side and we need to be thinking of the bigger picture. Increasing ticket prices by up to 50% as proposed by some on here would be disastrous from a PR perspective for the club. Would it sell out? Probably but people would pay through gritted teeth and supporters might think twice about coming in the future, or sticking their hand in their pocket the next time the club comes knocking, cap in hand...
I completely disagree. A 4th Round FA Cup tie where demand will exceed supply (which it wasn't going to for Leeds) should cost at least £30.

SJG99 wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote:Staggered how people are proposing fleecing the fans for this. Ticket prices are a joke in this Country. We're a league two side and we need to be thinking of the bigger picture. Increasing ticket prices by up to 50% as proposed by some on here would be disastrous from a PR perspective for the club. Would it sell out? Probably but people would pay through gritted teeth and supporters might think twice about coming in the future, or sticking their hand in their pocket the next time the club comes knocking, cap in hand...
I completely disagree. A 4th Round FA Cup tie where demand will exceed supply (which it wasn't going to for Leeds) should cost at least £30.
The same logic of supply/demand is how prem teams justify charging £50+ a game, doesn't make it right.

South London Exile wrote: The same logic of supply/demand is how prem teams justify charging £50+ a game, doesn't make it right.
Doesn't make it wrong either. Prem teams charge what they can get people to pay, people pay it. I think the most I've paid for a match is about £250 which is more or less what my Ireland v Sweden Stade de France tickets came to via Viagogo. This is one of the reasons I'm still paying off 2016...

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I agree entirely.

I would add once again that for many people the cost of football is prohibitive. If you cash in there is the possibility of two unintended consequences. Firstly that genuine fans are priced out. Secondly that people will pay as Caerleon says through gritted teeth but then give a miss to a league game in February. So the overall gain is negligible in any event.

If we are serious about being a fan based club then we need to know the difference between making money and exploitation.
Thirded! The fans have stumped up plenty over the pasty few years to keep the club afloat. Now is the time for us to enjoy a return on our investment. Keep the same prices as for league games. Give priority to people buying a ticket for the Crawley game maybe, to bump up the attendance for that one, and get a few more donations for the foodbank. Show people that this club is part of the community, not trying to fleece the punters.

Thinking in general terms on prices, a rough guide to prices may be seen as:

Premiership.................£45
Championship.............£30
League One................£25
League Two................£20

So as general guide, £30 would place it at roughly the right place in my view...... you could even make a case for £35.

The important thing for me is that the structure is in proportion across the bands. Also, since we have no terraced places to offer Spurs fans, I'd like to see the same price for sit or stand, and give fans real choice for once.
So I think the prices I stated, of £30...Adult , £15...Concessions, £8...Children, FREE ...infants, are about right.
Keep the prices simple and realistic and proportionate in regard to the level of the occasion.

london ironside wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I agree entirely.

I would add once again that for many people the cost of football is prohibitive. If you cash in there is the possibility of two unintended consequences. Firstly that genuine fans are priced out. Secondly that people will pay as Caerleon says through gritted teeth but then give a miss to a league game in February. So the overall gain is negligible in any event.

If we are serious about being a fan based club then we need to know the difference between making money and exploitation.
Thirded! The fans have stumped up plenty over the pasty few years to keep the club afloat. Now is the time for us to enjoy a return on our investment. Keep the same prices as for league games. Give priority to people buying a ticket for the Crawley game maybe, to bump up the attendance for that one, and get a few more donations for the foodbank. Show people that this club is part of the community, not trying to fleece the punters.
+1

SJG99 wrote:
South London Exile wrote: The same logic of supply/demand is how prem teams justify charging £50+ a game, doesn't make it right.
Doesn't make it wrong either. Prem teams charge what they can get people to pay, people pay it. I think the most I've paid for a match is about £250 which is more or less what my Ireland v Sweden Stade de France tickets came to via Viagogo. This is one of the reasons I'm still paying off 2016...
Whatever we charge it's still only 45% out of a crowd of 7500. We should concentrate on getting big crowds for the Crawley and Morecambe games.

newgroundrodney wrote:
So I think the prices I stated, of £30...Adult , £15...Concessions, £8...Children, FREE ...infants, are about right.
Keep the prices simple and realistic and proportionate in regard to the level of the occasion.
I can't see any justification for a one-off slashing of prices for concessions (and I'm one of them). A better balance surely would be tickets at £2 more than the Leeds match, with the exception of young adults who were subject to the full £3 increase last time. Effectively, their prices had the largest percentage increase.

So, Seating £25/£21/£17
Terrace £23/£21/£15
North £21/£19/£13
Last edited by excessbee on January 9th, 2018, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I agree entirely.

by Stan A. Einstein » December 4th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Manchester United at home.
Worth £1,000,000.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Out of interest Stan, how would that breakdown?....

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ticket sales alone. Standing at £35 x 6,000 = £210,000, 5,000 seated at £50= £250,000. Ancillary sales, programmes, you'll easily sell 10,000 at £5 a pop = £50,000. TV rights, other media outlets, I'd have thought a good £350,000 to £500,000. Other ancillary sales. Plus of course vouchers for the match ticket available to those who attend games leading up to Man Utd. Prize money it goes on and on.

Exile 1976 wrote:I'd be 'happy' to pay up to £30.
Not often we get to see Premier League teams rock up to Rodders and a lot of people in Newport (not just County fans) would be happy to pay this.
I can see the points of those wanting to keep prices down but I still think we need to make the most of this chance to earn our club some serious money...
It's not really 'serious money' though is it? It'll be 45% of a crowd of 7500. So why risk upsetting the goodwill of the core support who have followed through thick and thin? The decent money will come if we get on the telly, or can sneak a draw and get a replay at Wemberlee.

london ironside wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I'd be 'happy' to pay up to £30.
Not often we get to see Premier League teams rock up to Rodders and a lot of people in Newport (not just County fans) would be happy to pay this.
I can see the points of those wanting to keep prices down but I still think we need to make the most of this chance to earn our club some serious money...
It's not really 'serious money' though is it? It'll be 45% of a crowd of 7500. So why risk upsetting the goodwill of the core support who have followed through thick and thin? The decent money will come if we get on the telly, or can sneak a draw and get a replay at Wemberlee.
how about the likes of myself who turns up no matter what the weather or the opposition, if I had my way the people who can prove they have been to five or more matches this season (this is not aimed at our supporters who live too far away to make the games regularly). should pay normal price, for those that turn up for once in a blue moon like this charge them £100 no concessions. as I posted previously they won't be back until the next blue moon.