Re: On the subject of money.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Earlier today I wondered whether people would prefer Manchester United away or Yeovil at home. Those who replied pretty much went for take the money.

By the same token if it were possible would you now switch to the Millennium Stadium and a 25,000 crowd or have 7,500 at Rodney Parade?
Personally I’d rather be at home for the advantage against Spurs as they’re not used to venues like rp ( they’ll hate the dressing rooms :grin: ) always an outside chance of the replay though maybe not an upset although if they have one eye on upcoming fixtures.........

No brainer. Principality Stadium isn't home, RP is. The atmosphere generated by 6,000 County fans in a small arena could prove to be a factor in any result. Playing in a vast expanse would dissipate any effect and would in all likelihood benefit Spurs greater than County (they might even outnumber us), Rodney Parade over any increased income from switching the venue...

Sorry Stan, this is irrelevant, as we can't switch the venue. It's not allowed and was gone into by another poster on here earlier in the season. You can only request a change of venue, if your stadium is unsuitable. A League 2 ground is more than suitable. If we were a non league club with a 200 seat stand and a capacity of a few thousand, you could argue it unsuitable for entertaining a Premier League club. Both teams and the FA would have to agree and then it would be played at a neutral stadium, and I believe you give up your rights to any money.

This is a completely different scenario to where we were at the beginning of the season, before our pitch was ready. Before the league cup draws were made, it was agreed that we would switch venues if we were drawn at home, which we were against Southend & Leeds. We would never have drawn Leeds in that competition, if it hadn't been agreed beforehand, as we were switched to the 'northern' draw, because West Ham could not play at home either, so we had to move areas, just in case we drew West Ham and neither club could host the fixture. Neither Southend nor Leeds were obliged to share the gate money, I know Leeds kindly agreed to share, never seen any mention of Southend doing the same. We did beat them though!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Earlier today I wondered whether people would prefer Manchester United away or Yeovil at home. Those who replied pretty much went for take the money.

By the same token if it were possible would you now switch to the Millennium Stadium and a 25,000 crowd or have 7,500 at Rodney Parade?
It's a yes, yes, yes to the Millenium stadium for me. Money, money, money, get as much as we can. We just have to milk this for all that it is worth.

Purely selfish reasons - I could only get one ticket for Leeds as a Trust member. I reckon I could bring along four for this one at the Millennium stadium. Looking forward to going into work at the moment and having the Pembs Spurs fans asking me can I get tickets.

pembsexile wrote:

It's a yes, yes, yes to the Millenium stadium for me. Money, money, money, get as much as we can. We just have to milk this for all that it is worth.

Purely selfish reasons - I could only get one ticket for Leeds as a Trust member. I reckon I could bring along four for this one at the Millennium stadium. Looking forward to going into work at the moment and having the Pembs Spurs fans asking me can I get tickets.
And the cost for the hire of the Millenium Stadium would be? Suspect you would not see much change out of £500k, possibly even more.