With a little bit of luck

That brilliant team performance required no luck.
Play with the same commitment and passion and maybe a bit of luck as well and we can give Spurs a shock
Now. shops businesses in Newport get some FA Cup posters up and start the build up straight away.
Let's Make the HEADLINES next round as we were outdone by Nitts Ferrets last round
What say you all?

:bounce: :bounce:

Re: With a little bit of luck

mad norm wrote:That brilliant team performance required no luck.
Play with the same commitment and passion and maybe a bit of luck as well and we can give Spurs a shock
Now. shops businesses in Newport get some FA Cup posters up and start the build up straight away.
Let's Make the HEADLINES next round as we were outdone by Nitts Ferrets last round
What say you all?

:bounce: :bounce:
Stop being remotely sensible :albino: :grin:

Shock results happen every season, Once in every 20 years or so a shock result is so big it gets remembered. Walsall v Arsenal in the 30's Yeovil v Sunderland in the 40's, Hereford v Newcastle and Colchester v Leeds in the 70's. County v Sheffield Wednesday, Wrexham v Arsenal or even Bradford v Chelsea whilst great wins don't somehow enter the collective football memory.

If we beat Spurs I think it would be a result that people who don't follow Newport or Tottenham will remember 30 years from now, I think we have one chance in a hundred, But it's what we dream of and sometimes dreams come true.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Shock results happen every season, Once in every 20 years or so a shock result is so big it gets remembered. Walsall v Arsenal in the 30's Yeovil v Sunderland in the 40's, Hereford v Newcastle and Colchester v Leeds in the 70's. County v Sheffield Wednesday, Wrexham v Arsenal or even Bradford v Chelsea whilst great wins don't somehow enter the collective football memory.

If we beat Spurs I think it would be a result that people who don't follow Newport or Tottenham will remember 30 years from now, I think we have one chance in a hundred, But it's what we dream of and sometimes dreams come true.
It may not have entered into the collective football memory, but County's win over 6th placed Sheff Weds in 1964 certainly entered into the personal football memory of an 8 year old stand on the Bob Bank at Somerton Park. I can still remember the look of derision of a group of Wednesday fans as they passed me walking from the railway end to the Cromwell end at HT. They were winning 1-0 and convinced of a win for their team. The 2nd half went 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. Shame there were only 9000 there to witness it. Probably because Cardiff were playing home at the same time in the cup.

Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Shock results happen every season, Once in every 20 years or so a shock result is so big it gets remembered. Walsall v Arsenal in the 30's Yeovil v Sunderland in the 40's, Hereford v Newcastle and Colchester v Leeds in the 70's. County v Sheffield Wednesday, Wrexham v Arsenal or even Bradford v Chelsea whilst great wins don't somehow enter the collective football memory.

It may not have entered into the collective football memory, but County's win over 6th placed Sheff Weds in 1964 certainly entered into the personal football memory of an 8 year old stand on the Bob Bank at Somerton Park. I can still remember the look of derision of a group of Wednesday fans as they passed me walking from the railway end to the Cromwell end at HT. They were winning 1-0 and convinced of a win for their team. The 2nd half went 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. Shame there were only 9000 there to witness it. Probably because Cardiff were playing home at the same time in the cup.
I have been told that the crowd of 9,000 was a fiddle. That there were far more there seems plausible to me. I know that you were only eight at the time but how big did the crowd seem to you? My second game as a nine year old was a league cup tie v Blackpool. 13,000+ on a Tuesday night in 1967.