Re: HELP..how do you insert phots on here ?

The photo will have to be online somewhere already - but basically find the address of the picture you want and put it in between the two sets of square brackets which appear when you press the "Img" button in the editor line. So, if you want a picture of Spytty The Dog, do a Google Image search for him, bring up the first one you see, click on View Image and then copy and paste the address line in between the brackets.
Not sure how you do it with pictures that aren't online already, or pictures that are embedded within websites.

I think you have to put the image online using an image hosting site but not sure which one to use. I tried one once but when I posted the image adverts appeared as well as the image.

Edit -
just tried this using an image I had on Google+ copying the image address from there and then putting it between the "Img" brackets. Seems to work and no ads:-
Last edited by County Exile on January 9th, 2018, 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

County Exile wrote:I think you have to put the image online using an image hosting site but not sure which one to use. I tried one once but when I posted the image adverts appeared as well as the image.

Edit -
just tried this using an image I had on Google+ copying the image address from there and then putting it between the "Img" brackets. Seems to work and no ads:-
Well unless your photo is a tiny black and white no entry sign then it's not working

Some sites prevent remote linking, also sometimes via Google you'll get a really long URL which doesn't work because it's their preview image. eBay images are also usually protected.

Best bet to get the URL is to click through to the site on which the image actually is rather than using the google preview, then right click the image and select "Copy Image Address" then after adding the IMG tags paste (Ctrl-V) between the tags.

Earlier windows devices might need you to right click and open properties where you can select the URL and copy (Ctrl-C) and paste.

If you're on a tablet it can be a pain to get image links but usually there's a pic sharing menu which will give you the option to save the URL to the clipboard then you can paste it using the functionality on your device.

SJG99 wrote:Some sites prevent remote linking, also sometimes via Google you'll get a really long URL which doesn't work because it's their preview image. eBay images are also usually protected.

Best bet to get the URL is to click through to the site on which the image actually is rather than using the google preview, then right click the image and select "Copy Image Address" then after adding the IMG tags paste (Ctrl-V) between the tags.

Earlier windows devices might need you to right click and open properties where you can select the URL and copy (Ctrl-C) and paste.

If you're on a tablet it can be a pain to get image links but usually there's a pic sharing menu which will give you the option to save the URL to the clipboard then you can paste it using the functionality on your device.

Well done on confusing those that can't do it even more :mrgreen:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Some sites prevent remote linking, also sometimes via Google you'll get a really long URL which doesn't work because it's their preview image. eBay images are also usually protected.

Well done on confusing those that can't do it even more :mrgreen:
They can read it as many times as they like until it works now. ;)