Re: Hartlepool United

Sorry to sound so cold hearted but the outcry from the football world about Hartlepool sickens me.

I've seen numerous online petitions and media outlets with a rallying cry of SOS, asking for players and clubs to donate wages to raise the money.

Where were these people when we were staring down the barrel of the same gun last season?

Horrible to see any club go to the wall but we had to get ourselves out of this mess, no one was pouring their hearts out for us.

Mr Gallipoli wrote:Sorry to sound so cold hearted but the outcry from the football world about Hartlepool sickens me.

I've seen numerous online petitions and media outlets with a rallying cry of SOS, asking for players and clubs to donate wages to raise the money.

Where were these people when we were staring down the barrel of the same gun last season?

Horrible to see any club go to the wall but we had to get ourselves out of this mess, no one was pouring their hearts out for us.
Bit confused here as I cannot remember us having 15 days since any time in the last 25 years let alone last season to raise £200K.
Did I miss something?
Sorry you are feeling sick by the way.

Harps62 wrote:
Mr Gallipoli wrote:Sorry to sound so cold hearted but the outcry from the football world about Hartlepool sickens me.

Bit confused here as I cannot remember us having 15 days since any time in the last 25 years let alone last season to raise £200K.
Did I miss something?
Sorry you are feeling sick by the way.
Regardless.

Perhaps Hartlepool should have had the foresight to take measures earlier rather than giving themselves 15 days to raise the money.

My point is that no one seemed to care when we were likely looking at going under again, what makes Hartlepool so special?

Reading their fans forum recently it has been said they were debt free untill a couple of years ago, they are questioning where the money has gone and where the £200 000 if raised before the end of Jan will go, and how will the same amount be raised at the end of Feb.
I understand the total debt is now 1.5 million.
I do feel sorry for them unlike Crawley and FGR they have not been trying to buy their way up the league.
By the way I have read nothing but good wishes towards us since we relegated them ( I would have been as bitter as hell if things had been reversed).
Ps Can we please be bought by businessmen , even if they are fans we lose control and what will happen in years to come?

Redlandscaper wrote:Reading their fans forum recently it has been said they were debt free untill a couple of years ago, they are questioning where the money has gone and where the £200 000 if raised before the end of Jan will go, and how will the same amount be raised at the end of Feb.
I do feel sorry for them unlike Crawley and FGR they have not been trying to buy their way up the league.
By the way I have read nothing but good wishes towards us since we relegated them ( I would have been as bitter as hell if things had been reversed).
Ps Can we please be bought by businessmen , even if they are fans we lose control and what will happen in years to come?
Did you miss out 'not' - in which case I would agree 100%.

It may not of been a simple case of spending more than you should. Full details are listed here including two previous directors who are now serving time at one of her majesties establishments for stealing the gate money

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/t ... -1-8950138

Maybe we can help

We recently bought Podge from them. Usually transfer fees are based on an arrangement of so much down with the remainder paid in installments.

If that is the case and since we are now apparently swimming in cash, maybe we could do the decent thing and advance our installments to help meet their deadline

Fourthousand wrote:
Redlandscaper wrote:Reading their fans forum recently it has been said they were debt free untill a couple of years ago, they are questioning where the money has gone and where the £200 000 if raised before the end of Jan will go, and how will the same amount be raised at the end of Feb.
Did you miss out 'not' - in which case I would agree 100%.
Whilst it would be very easy to agree with the sentiment here, given that we are now presumably financially secure for another season or two, I would still love to be taken over by a wealthy group of individuals, or even a wealthy individual. In fact, now is the best time possible to look for such investment.

I guess it boils down to, what do you value more?

1) Consistently meeting your expectation (i.e. League 2 survival and hoping to gradually grow your fan base over a generation or two). Or;
2) Some outside investment to accelerate the process and have a fantastic side to watch for a few years?

For me, option 2 wins hands down every time. I appreciate there are big risks with my mindset, but this club has proven time and again that it will fight back from adversity. If things ever did go belly up, we'd be back, and we'd have a whole lot of fun along the way.

Give me that over League 2 nothingness for 25 years every day of the week.