Re: Hartlepool United

billinghampoolie wrote:
ref23 wrote:
billinghampoolie wrote:It certainly doesnt sicken me all this publicity were getting. Many a southern club has had it way more than were getting now. I think we deserve some luck for once.We were taken for a ride twice by conmen, which has basically killed our club. We lost out in the last few minutes on the last day to send us out of the league. We were basically cheated at the millenium stadium to prevent us going into the championship late on. So forgive me if i think maybe just maybe we deserve a tiny bit of publicity for whats been a wretched last 10 years. By the way well done the other day and heres hoping you pull of another big shock in round 4.
Surely Stelling, Merson and Le Tissier are waiting in the wings with a big offer?
Who knows? two overseas consortiums supposedly interested but probobly put of by the large losses through incredible mismanagement and conmen. If i was a multi millionaire id be waiting for administration, which might be for the best in the long run.
Well I'm sure you'll pull through.

£200k? That's peanuts in the grad scheme of things, and even if you do go to the wall it'll be down to the NPL, consecutive promotions, a lot of media interest and return to the same level in 3 years but with a bigger fan base and a bit of momentum. Cream will rise to the top at the end of the day.

billinghampoolie wrote:It certainly doesnt sicken me all this publicity were getting. Many a southern club has had it way more than were getting now. I think we deserve some luck for once.We were taken for a ride twice by conmen, which has basically killed our club. We lost out in the last few minutes on the last day to send us out of the league. We were basically cheated at the millenium stadium to prevent us going into the championship late on. So forgive me if i think maybe just maybe we deserve a tiny bit of publicity for whats been a wretched last 10 years. By the way well done the other day and heres hoping you pull of another big shock in round 4.
Thanks and I’m sure many of our supporters having been through the agonies of ‘89 feel for you in your present predicament. I don’t think if it happened again that we’d retain our EFL possibilities so that’s why I urged caution in financial matters earlier.
I honestly think that fan ownership is the model that suits little clubs like us best because these fly-by-night characters simply don’t have the long term commitment of the fan base. I hope that you spend whatever money you can raise to that end rather than lining the pockets of others but of course that’s just my view, I doubt all your fans would agree.
Whatever happens, I sincerely wish you survival at the highest sustainable level and look if the worst happened, we proved it is possible to claw your way back and - it’s a hell of a journey!

Personally I feel sorry regarding any club in danger of going to the wall. I remember how painful it was for us. Ultimately most footballers will regard playing for their current club as a job of work and therefore if that work isn't available then they will look elsewhere. But for supporters and for that matter the inevitable volunteers and those who have made the club their lives in the background, the impact can be devastating. Never followed Hartlepool but sincerely hope they are able to resolve their problems.

At the moment we couldn't have wished but a better start to the New Year with Leeds, Spurs and expected cash for Lee, but there for the grace of whichever deity you either believe or not believe in, go us!

Alan G Bryant wrote:In a week when one player was transferred for £142m, how can it be that Hartlepool United face administration if they cannot raise £200k in just 15 days.
Unintended consequences. Mostly because the £142m is going between clubs who are affecting the other club's ability to operate successfully.

whoareya wrote:Well if you go down the Community Share route to finance a buy-out, make sure you are buying shares that control the Club itself, not just buying shares of a Supporter Trust that only has a nominal input and authority over the Club..........................
Seems unlikely, given that that's Supporters' Direct's preferred model.

newgroundrodney wrote:
billinghampoolie wrote:Newport got a good mention of jeff stellin this morning, basically singing your praises.
In fairness to the man, even on the day Hartlepool were relegated, he said, 'I have a soft spot for Newport County'.....

People must have forgotten the distain Stelling and the rest of the Soccer Saturday panel showed for Newport when we scored and stayed up over Hartlepool - aside from Le Tissier.

Unprofessional bias at it's most blatant. I could feel sympathy for the situation and for Hartlepool fans, but I thought that was disgusting by them myself.

ref23 wrote: Surely Stelling, Merson and Le Tissier are waiting in the wings with a big offer?
I'd be wary of whoever Le Tiss is backing given his mistaken involvement with a dodgy group which nearly cost Southampton the Liebherr investment when bottom of League One. :shock: