Re: Sean Rigg

Stan A. Einstein wrote: I can't believe he didn't take a good chunk, why would he not just stay and pick up the pay cheque?
Maybe the part-time contract - or one of equal value and convenience - wouldn't have been available when the full-time one expired. Eighteen months on your doorstep on Conference South wages, where you know you can easily hack the standard, could be irresistible.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I can't believe he didn't take a good chunk, why would he not just stay and pick up the pay cheque?
Maybe the part-time contract - or one of equal value and convenience - wouldn't have been available when the full-time one expired. Eighteen months on your doorstep on Conference South wages, where you know you can easily hack the standard, could be irresistible.
Be a professional for possibly 12 years working your socks off and giving up plenty to achieve this. Have your manager beg you to stay. Walk out for non league football 2 days before you play at the home of football against one of the best teams in the country live on tele. Seems legit to me.

Bush wrote:
Be a professional for possibly 12 years working your socks off and giving up plenty to achieve this. Have your manager beg you to stay. Walk out for non league football 2 days before you play at the home of football against one of the best teams in the country live on tele. Seems legit to me.

That means nothing, totally irrelevant. He was never going to be in the squad, let alone playing at Wembley anyway !

It is quite conceivable that neither are lying. Flynn could have watched him in training and thought he was not enthusiastic enough. Rigg may have been convinced that the reason he was not playing was because he had a clause in his contract. Seems more than plausible and would not be the first time people had different opinions.

Bush wrote:
If Flynn is correct, he's not walked out for non-league football, he's left to become a tattoo artist. If that is what his plan is, then playing part time for Bath makes sense while he pursues a change in career.

Bush wrote:Why wouldn't he be in the squad for Wembley? If it's cause he's not fit then I assume he won't be available for bath. Not good enough? Why did the manager ask him not to leave?

He hasn't been in the squad since December so it's safe to say he wouldn't be in the squad for Wembley. This, according to Flynny, is due to his injury problems and the fact he was not happy with what Rigg would show up (perhaps down to Rigg not enjoying his football ???) ..

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:If that statement from Flynny is true, and i certainly have no reason to believe it's not, i hope those posters on here that have publicly questioned his integrity have the good grace to apologise
Sean said “I am delighted to have signed for Bath City, a club on the up with great potential. Really excited to work alongside Jerry and the players at Bath and I can’t wait to get started.”

Does that sound like someone who fell out of love of the the game. Someone who is talking about how he can't wait to get started to play non league but didn't want to be involved in a game against Spurs at Wembley?
Sounds exactly like what I'd expect any player to say on signing for a new club, no more, no less.