Re: Sean Rigg

Engage your brain, for once..

You said Rigg's father had told the press about contract issues. That's a slur on him unless it's true. In fact, someone posted it here, which is a different thing altogether. As far as I know the only reference the Argus has made is to quote Flynn in dismissing the rumour-mongering.

For starters, if a paper is fed a story like this and is satisfied it's true the last thing they'd do is disclose where they got it from.

But here's the rub. If the story really is true [Edit to add: and was leaked to the press or social media by a player's family], it's easy to see why any manager in that situation would want the player down the road as soon as possible.
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on February 6th, 2018, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why oh why do contributors continually come on here looking for an argument.
Sure you are an educated person.
So in the dialogue there was no need for "spouting off" plus "engage your brain for once."
Two comments designed once again to start conflict.
Very sad.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:My guess would be that no FL club came in for him in the window but then had the guarantee of an 18mth contract from Bath City, he went and took it.
You are mostly right. County though will have paid off Rigg. Probably not for the full amount of his entitlement but a fair whack. Rigg is in work for the next 18 months and earning more than had he remained.

I wonder as I will be with friends also if we could meet by the Bobby Moore statue at a time which suits you between six and seven?

Love and kisses,

The Arsehole, xxxxx
The Argus said that Sean's contract was cancelled by 'Mutual Consent'. This usually implies no pay off.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
BASSALEG EXILE wrote:
The Argus said that Sean's contract was cancelled by 'Mutual Consent'. This usually implies no pay off.
You think?[/quote]
Considering Rigg left because he wanted to go part time to become a tattoo artist, no I don't think we paid him off.

It gets complicated once you factor in the possibility a non-league club might be able to help someone leaving the full-time game with a job or business opportunity.

Years ago I remember an NAFC manager telling a meeting of the Over the Bridge Exiles that a player who had surprisingly dropped to play in front of a few dozen people in the League of Wales had moved because they had fixed him up with a day job.

BASSALEG EXILE wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
BASSALEG EXILE wrote:
You think?
Considering Rigg left because he wanted to go part time to become a tattoo artist, no I don't think we paid him off.[/quote]

I'm not so sure, but we didn't pay Williams off as he already had a club lined up, same as Rigg. I very much doubt we paid off anywhere near the length of his remaining contract but wouldn't surprise me if we paid a month or two..

Exile 1976 wrote: Considering Rigg left because he wanted to go part time to become a tattoo artist, no I don't think we paid him off.

I'm not so sure, but we didn't pay Williams off as he already had a club lined up, same as Rigg. I very much doubt we paid off anywhere near the length of his remaining contract but wouldn't surprise me if we paid a month or two..[/quote]

We simply don't know do we?

Did you get my last PM last night? :cheers:

daftasfxxx wrote:MF said at press conference this morning that he wanted Rigg to stay but SR wanted part time football to pursue his career as a tattoo artist
Do you honestly believe he would still be walking away if he was first choice and playing week in week out? Would he be walking away from a possible Wembley game unless he was told there was no chance he would be playing? Ive no problem with the decision but the least the club could do is treat us as adults not morons.