Re: Sean Rigg

Bush wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:MF said at press conference this morning that he wanted Rigg to stay but SR wanted part time football to pursue his career as a tattoo artist
Do you honestly believe he would still be walking away if he was first choice and playing week in week out? Would he be walking away from a possible Wembley game unless he was told there was no chance he would be playing? Ive no problem with the decision but the least the club could do is treat us as adults not morons.

Maybe he's walked away from the professional game as his hearts not in it and he wants to be a tattooist and that's why Flynny not been picking him? He's been looking into going into tattooing since 2011 so he'd have something to fall back on after football,.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:MF said at press conference this morning that he wanted Rigg to stay but SR wanted part time football to pursue his career as a tattoo artist
Do you honestly believe he would still be walking away if he was first choice and playing week in week out? Would he be walking away from a possible Wembley game unless he was told there was no chance he would be playing? Ive no problem with the decision but the least the club could do is treat us as adults not morons.

Maybe he's walked away from the professional game as his hearts not in it and he wants to be a tattooist and that's why Flynny not been picking him? He's been looking into going into tattooing since 2011 so he'd have something to fall back on after football,.
Do you think his dad was lying then?

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:

Do you think his dad was lying then?

I don't know if his father actually said anything, only the word of someone who posted on here, can't find anything where he has been quoted in the press etc ...
Seems a bit of a coinkydink that he decides to take a part time clubs 18mth contract offer rather than the guaranteed full time wage off us until at least July and look for another club in the summer ...
Really hope it works out for him and maybe he'll get a better gig in the summer should he, as I imagine, tear up the Connie South.

Bush wrote:Which makes it more likely we paid him off the rest of his contract to let him go now if we were not going to be using him.

IMO there's no way we will have paid up his contract in full. No doubt we will have paid something but certainly not the remainder of his deal.
Then again, unless the Board actually say anything, I doubt we'll ever know..

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:Which makes it more likely we paid him off the rest of his contract to let him go now if we were not going to be using him.

IMO there's no way we will have paid up his contract in full. No doubt we will have paid something but certainly not the remainder of his deal.
Then again, unless the Board actually say anything, I doubt we'll ever know..
I don't know the figure. I can't believe we paid the contract in full. Why would we? I can't believe he didn't take a good chunk, why would he not just stay and pick up the pay cheque?

Quotes from Flynn today -

“Even last week I asked Sean, I wanted him to stay,” said the Exiles boss.

“He was injured – there was no smokescreen – but he made his decision a while back that he wanted to go part-time and pursue a career in being a tattoo artist.

“I tried to change his mind, I spoke to his father and to his agent.

“He’s a clever lad, but he just fell out of love with the game.

“He was thinking of the future and this was the ideal time for him to go and chase his dream, which is to be a tattoo artist.”

Amberexile wrote:Quotes from Flynn today -

“He was injured – there was no smokescreen – but he made his decision a while back that he wanted to go part-time and pursue a career in being a tattoo artist.

“He was thinking of the future and this was the ideal time for him to go and chase his dream, which is to be a tattoo artist.”
Fell out of love with the game but took an 18month contract continuing to play the game in the farmers league?

Exile 1976 wrote:If that statement from Flynny is true, and i certainly have no reason to believe it's not, i hope those posters on here that have publicly questioned his integrity have the good grace to apologise
Sean said “I am delighted to have signed for Bath City, a club on the up with great potential. Really excited to work alongside Jerry and the players at Bath and I can’t wait to get started.”

Does that sound like someone who fell out of love of the the game. Someone who is talking about how he can't wait to get started to play non league but didn't want to be involved in a game against Spurs at Wembley?

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:If that statement from Flynny is true, and i certainly have no reason to believe it's not, i hope those posters on here that have publicly questioned his integrity have the good grace to apologise
Sean said “I am delighted to have signed for Bath City, a club on the up with great potential. Really excited to work alongside Jerry and the players at Bath and I can’t wait to get started.”

Does that sound like someone who fell out of love of the the game. Someone who is talking about how he can't wait to get started to play non league but didn't want to be involved in a game against Spurs at Wembley?
He may have wanted to stay in part time employment, earning a wage, just in case his dream of becoming a successful tattoo artist doesn't come off.

Bush wrote:

What did you expect him to say?
"Well I'm here, it'll do for a bit of cash whilst I'm working on my tattooing" ??

Bush wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Quotes from Flynn today -

Fell out of love with the game but took an 18month contract continuing to play the game in the farmers league?
Is there not some form of apprenticeship/qualification he'd need to get? Perfectly sensible to ensure he's financially secure long-term while he pursues it.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:

"Well I'm here, it'll do for a bit of cash whilst I'm working on my tattooing" ??
I would expect anyone who has fallen out of love of the game to walk away especially just like the Irish lad did. I think it's a strange comment for the manager to make in public after rigg signs for another team.

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:

I would expect anyone who has fallen out of love of the game to walk away especially just like the Irish lad did. I think it's a strange comment for the manager to make in public after rigg signs for another team.

If Flynn is lying then he's going to make himself look a total idiot by saying he spoke to Sean, his dad & his agent as I'd imagine at least one of them would pull him up on it.
Lots of pro footballers don't love the game, to some it's just a job to earn a good wage.
Why walk away from something that makes him money that will add to his other earnings?
Different with Feely as his passion was Gaelic football.