Re: Big screen just a thought

ref23 wrote:
Hibs wrote:Just a thought,don't know if it's legal or not,but what a good idea if the club could show the Spurs game on a big screen on the cabbage patch.thoughts anybody.
That's a fantastic idea in my opinion. Get a big marquee in for it.
People without tickets just outside the ground is a recipe for disaster.

Bush wrote:
ref23 wrote:
Hibs wrote:Just a thought,don't know if it's legal or not,but what a good idea if the club could show the Spurs game on a big screen on the cabbage patch.thoughts anybody.
That's a fantastic idea in my opinion. Get a big marquee in for it.
People without tickets just outside the ground is a recipe for disaster.
Couldn't agree more

It is viable to do the broadcast of course, it'll just cost the however many thousand quid it costs to broadcast subscription satellite/cable channels to the public (a pub owner might have an idea). Plus getting a screen and putting something on the floor for people to stand on, as I don't think doing something on the grass would be a good idea at this time of year. Also there's no way to make a profit from it other than additional beer sales which is limited by staffing costs and resource, so I doubt they'll consider it. Most who aren't going but are interested would prefer being at home or in the pub anyway I should think - it's still outside in January.