Re: Well done the Club.

Baneswellboy wrote:The club has done a great job in a short space of time. No doubt about it.

However, on a personal note I'd like to have seen them try and do something for over the bridges exiles like me. 175 mile round trip to see county for me. Added expense is substantial, purchasing tickets that may not get you a spurs ticket, extra trip down on a work day to get to ticket office, bridge fees, petrol etc easier said than done.

Limited spare income will only go so far. I'm always there especially midweek games rain hail and snow since 1974.

No one is happier than me to see the club in this situation. Don't get me wrong. I hope we make a fortune out of it....but I can see me sadly watching on BT sport.

Baneswellboy
Good Evening!

I sympathise with your situation, round trip of over 200 for me here. Home games indeed are costly. Leeds game was 3 adult tickets, hotel in Nottingham, petrol npton-Nottingham _newport. Daughter train Cheltenham to Nottingham and petrol home to Northampton. Plus food out on the day, a trip to the club shop. About £250 between us!
However to guarantee best chance of tickets priority I joined the family in the trust. £10 each. This gives a phone option to get tickets. I am lucky to have somebody who can get them in person for me, so long as they have the e mail proof of membership.
I think the club have got this spot on, and although it's a bit of a nervous wait till ticket purchase confirmed on Thursday we shall then be looking to book a hotel in Newport for Saturday night. Again in the region £250 + for the four of us. Two games and we could have had a nice weeks holiday for the same money!

I hope you get your ticket.

Phil in Northampton

Alan G Bryant wrote:Not sure you get my point, the board are being lauded for getting things right, my point is the only thing that is different is the team are performing. I wonder if our staffing levels have increased since last season or instance? I would guess not. The board and the previous board took the right approach in appointing Hudson & Westley, they just made the wrong decisions, The impacts on the club were significant, nearly devastating. Edinburgh & Flynn were throws of a dice , and look how they have turned out.
Not sure Edinburgh was a throw of a dice considering he was probably the most qualified available manager at the time. Also was hudsons interview that great or was it what uncle Harry said on Celtic manor golf course?

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Not sure you get my point, the board are being lauded for getting things right, my point is the only thing that is different is the team are performing. I wonder if our staffing levels have increased since last season or instance? I would guess not. The board and the previous board took the right approach in appointing Hudson & Westley, they just made the wrong decisions, The impacts on the club were significant, nearly devastating. Edinburgh & Flynn were throws of a dice , and look how they have turned out.
Not sure Edinburgh was a throw of a dice considering he was probably the most qualified available manager at the time. Also was hudsons interview that great or was it what uncle Harry said on Celtic manor golf course?
It was reported at the time that Hudson had given a great interview

Ugo and Phil I n'hampton. Thanks very much for your replies and comments.

I'm not sure really ugo - I just think that if you can prove your home address is over 150 miles round trip or 200 in Phil's case then some sort of loyalty or subsidy perhaps? Certainly to try and make life a bit easier to obtain a ticket.

I feel they could have used the data base more. I usually order my tickets by phone. When I ring up they say have you bought from us before and I say yes. Within two seconds they have my details on screen.

I wondered if they could have offered anyone who's on this data base a priority too?

I'm not knocking the club at all. Huge effort on their part with not much time to plan.

It will rile me a bit to think that if I'm forced to watch it on TV there will be a few people their who only go when there's a big occasion.

Im starting to resign myself that I'm going to miss out sadly. I can't get there on the Tuesday to que up at the ticket office either because of work.

It's a bit of a tall order for those living 200 miles away. Imho.

Absolutely made up for the club and town I adore though.
Cheers again
Baneswellboy

Ugo. wrote:
Baneswellboy wrote:The club has done a great job in a short space of time. No doubt about it.

However, on a personal note I'd like to have seen them try and do something for over the bridges exiles like me. 175 mile round trip to see county for me. Added expense is substantial, purchasing tickets that may not get you a spurs ticket, extra trip down on a work day to get to ticket office, bridge fees, petrol etc easier said than done.

Limited spare income will only go so far. I'm always there especially midweek games rain hail and snow since 1974.

No one is happier than me to see the club in this situation. Don't get me wrong. I hope we make a fortune out of it....but I can see me sadly watching on BT sport.

Baneswellboy
I get your point but interested in understanding what you think they can do for you?

To try and get the loyal County supporter a ticket, they have given priority to Season Ticket Holders, Trust Members and Share holders. Then anyone who bought a Crawley ticket up to last Thursday.

It's very difficult to see how they can ensure to get all the exiles who don't fall into any of these categories.
They could do something. How about someone in the club or ticket office who directly looks after the Exiles. I am talking about the Exiles who are season ticket holders, Trust members, and regular attenders who will have ticket stubs to prove it. There must be lots of these people. Hundreds I would suggest.

In times like these I think they would be a little less disenfranchised if they realised that there was a section of the club that were looking out for their interests. How difficult would it be to set up a phone line or something similar for Exile members. If needed those Exile members could even pay a premium towards the cost. I would pay. It might not suit everybody, but at least it would be something.

Good Morning

That's a good shout Mike. Like Barneswell boy most of my dealings with the club for tickets are via the telephone.
As he says, we are on a database so they know our history.
By the very fact we live further away we tend to go to more away games than home ones. Some could be critical and say we only come down to Newport for the "big" games, and I can't argue with that.
This season, first home game v Chesterfield and only Leeds since. But have been to Stevenage, Coventry, Notts County, Cambridge, Luton and always buy through our club rather than the pay on the day option, so we get a percentage. Any combination of wife, son and daughter come too.

But one suggestion I have not heard mentioned before.....surely all previous Prediction League winners should be elevated to top priority!

January always used to be a depressing month... but we are sure enjoying this one!

Have a good day all!

Phil in Npton

I've mentioned it before but one initiative that could maybe be introduced is a sort of "half-season ticket" available at the start of the season : twelve matches chosen when you wish by pre-ordering. That's a decent commitment, and should be worthy of priority for Cup tickets, more so than £10 trust membership. Personally, I have a 280 mile round trip. I have a season ticket and make most games. It's reassuring to be certain of a ticket when the FA Cup comes around.

Got me thinking. Whilst I am against a Loyalty based system (being a bit of an overkill for where we are currently in our evolution), just reading all the heroic efforts to see our club makes me believe we could and should do better for our 'exiles' (I take my hat off to you and I know you don't need plaudits because you do it to see your club - but 'bloody hell').

Won't be 'fit' for Spurs match but for future events, here's an idea that could be worked up a little.

At golf clubs there is a membership called 'Country member'- in short - live geographically remote but want to play at a specific club more than once - member has to do maths to see if it is appropriate to their circumstances/vfm etc.

So say £5 to join each season as a ' County Exile' club member. Say £240 for 10 tickets - any home or away combo - sent to your home (plus postage - order online or phone) - tickets stepped off every time you order. Maybe a 20 ticket for £400. (number of exact games can be worked out and pricing. Get exile newsletter/more connected club feel/ personal member number/some recognition or status rather than lone wolves/ being able to check online status, maybe upgrade available to next category by cut off date etc..Cash to club upfront and guaranteed 1 and 2 tickets for FA cup for each of two bands).

What do people think?

Good Morning

Thinking about Barneswell Boys problem getting a ticket.

I assume you are not a trust member?

So is there any reason why someone who is a trust member and not attending, maybe through illness or family circumstances, or those who registered long lost relatives and babies to get extra voting rights, their number is not going to used and can be passed on to a third party?

Phil in Npton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning

Thinking about Barneswell Boys problem getting a ticket.

I assume you are not a trust member?

So is there any reason why someone who is a trust member and not attending, maybe through illness or family circumstances, or those who registered long lost relatives and babies to get extra voting rights, their number is not going to used and can be passed on to a third party?

Phil in Npton
That is my predicament exactly. As you know Phil, due to family circumstances I am unable to attend this game. I am a Trust member and would willingly give up my one ticket to a person who was a dedicated County fan and would be able to attend. If this could be arranged somehow, I'm in.

Ugo. wrote:
Bush wrote:
It was reported at the time that Hudson had given a great interview
As well as a glowing recommendation from 'Arry.

So far as Westley is concerned, he had a pretty decent record at his former clubs.

Hi guys
Thanks so much to you....
Phil in n'hampton
Pembexile
Excessbee
Fourthousand
Really appreciate your thoughts on this. It's been heartening to read genuine sympathy as well as some really good positive thoughts and ideas.
Firstly thanks fourthousand for those kind words about the efforts we go to in supporting the team, travelling many miles etc at large expense.

phil- non im not a trust member.

Im not usually bothered about only attending big games.

Most of the time in just happy to be there no matter who the opposition is. Obviously this is an unusual situation getting into the fourth round against Tottenham. Naturally I'd love to be there.

As an example, i'll probably go to the Morecambe game now instead seeing as I can't que up with my stub on the Tuesday anyway.

Phil's right exiles probably do go to more away games purely on logistics.

Maybe people who subscribe to the county lottery (like me) should be considered a priority also as they are making a monthly 'donation' to the club also. Essentially in my book the club need to look at providing tickets people who are actively showing an interest in the club.

It's a difficult one because who knows, some first timers who go along to the spurs game may become season ticket holders of the future!

Thanks once again for all the great comments.
Baneswellboy