Well done the Club.

Looking at the Ticket prices, extra seating, etc. I think the club have got everything about right to me. I'm sure that there are bound to be some people that will find something to moan about but I think the club have got most bases covered, well done to all at the club.

Re: Well done the Club.

KALS wrote:Looking at the Ticket prices, extra seating, etc. I think the club have got everything about right to me. I'm sure that there are bound to be some people that will find something to moan about but I think the club have got most bases covered, well done to all at the club.
Seconded - can’t fault the price levels. Can’t wait for this game plus the 2 home games before which should be ace atmosphere and anticipation wise.
Will be interesting to see what side Spurs put out with Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus games after us - the last thing they’ll want is a replay in amongst that lot but then again will they risk Kane etc against us cloggers on our pitch.

KALS wrote:Looking at the Ticket prices, extra seating, etc. I think the club have got everything about right to me. I'm sure that there are bound to be some people that will find something to moan about but I think the club have got most bases covered, well done to all at the club.

hi. I agree and am more and more impressed by Gavin and the others as time goes on. they have had a lot of stick and even if some has been fair a lot of the stick hasnt so they deserve to get all the slaps on the back now

I do not think they are doing anything different to last year.The only difference to last year is the team is successful. It is ironic that they were very thorough in terms of appointing Graham Westley, much the same as the thorough strategic approach applied to appointing Hudson by a previous board. The follow up managers to both these appointments needed little thought, they were possibly the only option available. Arguably both appointments have presided over our most successful periods in our recent history. Never underestimate luck I say.

Rjwebby2811 wrote:Very well done, could be 10,000 there altogether.
Totally agree !! Great stuff
My only query is the 10,000 thing ??
If the capacity now is 7,500 , and they've increased the away end by 600 , with another 1,000 for North Terrace , that , by my maths means an increase of 1,600 ??
7,500 + 1,600 = 9,100 ??
Just saying , like ?

Corpaboy wrote:
Rjwebby2811 wrote:Very well done, could be 10,000 there altogether.
Totally agree !! Great stuff
My only query is the 10,000 thing ??
If the capacity now is 7,500 , and they've increased the away end by 600 , with another 1,000 for North Terrace , that , by my maths means an increase of 1,600 ??
7,500 + 1,600 = 9,100 ??
Just saying , like ?
Said on the club website could be 10,000
Extra 600 away 1000 extra and looking at another 1000

something like 10 rows of 150 seats should do it, starting from the back wall of the North Terrace.
So behind, and slightly above the North Terrace is what I'm guessing.

I wonder what they'll charge for those seats?....same as Hazell & Bisley?
I'd like to see some sort of roof over these demountables, scaffold poles boarded and sheeted should do it, a bit like in this picture:
https://i1.wp.com/www.brixtonbuzz.com/i ... .jpg?w=620
Last edited by newgroundrodney on January 15th, 2018, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:I do not think they are doing anything different to last year.The only difference to last year is the team is successful. It is ironic that they were very thorough in terms of appointing Graham Westley, much the same as the thorough strategic approach applied to appointing Hudson by a previous board. The follow up managers to both these appointments needed little thought, they were possibly the only option available. Arguably both appointments have presided over our most successful periods in our recent history. Never underestimate luck I say.
I don't think luck comes into it but maybe more down to the fact that Hudson and Westley blinded them with their interview technique and this is the modern phenomenon where being able to talk the talk gets you everywhere and a tick boxing interview gets you the wrong applicant rather than a mixture of experience, personality and gut feel.

Not sure you get my point, the board are being lauded for getting things right, my point is the only thing that is different is the team are performing. I wonder if our staffing levels have increased since last season or instance? I would guess not. The board and the previous board took the right approach in appointing Hudson & Westley, they just made the wrong decisions, The impacts on the club were significant, nearly devastating. Edinburgh & Flynn were throws of a dice , and look how they have turned out.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Not sure you get my point, the board are being lauded for getting things right, my point is the only thing that is different is the team are performing. I wonder if our staffing levels have increased since last season or instance? I would guess not. The board and the previous board took the right approach in appointing Hudson & Westley, they just made the wrong decisions, The impacts on the club were significant, nearly devastating. Edinburgh & Flynn were throws of a dice , and look how they have turned out.
I do get your point and kind of agree, just arguing against the fact the board took the right approach in appointing Hudson & Westley, they took the modern day, blinded by a good powerpoint and tick the boxes at an interview approach rather than seeing past the bullshit.
Last edited by Ugo. on January 15th, 2018, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The club has done a great job in a short space of time. No doubt about it.

However, on a personal note I'd like to have seen them try and do something for over the bridges exiles like me. 175 mile round trip to see county for me. Added expense is substantial, purchasing tickets that may not get you a spurs ticket, extra trip down on a work day to get to ticket office, bridge fees, petrol etc easier said than done.

Limited spare income will only go so far. I'm always there especially midweek games rain hail and snow since 1974.

No one is happier than me to see the club in this situation. Don't get me wrong. I hope we make a fortune out of it....but I can see me sadly watching on BT sport.

Baneswellboy

Baneswellboy wrote:The club has done a great job in a short space of time. No doubt about it.

However, on a personal note I'd like to have seen them try and do something for over the bridges exiles like me. 175 mile round trip to see county for me. Added expense is substantial, purchasing tickets that may not get you a spurs ticket, extra trip down on a work day to get to ticket office, bridge fees, petrol etc easier said than done.

Limited spare income will only go so far. I'm always there especially midweek games rain hail and snow since 1974.

No one is happier than me to see the club in this situation. Don't get me wrong. I hope we make a fortune out of it....but I can see me sadly watching on BT sport.

Baneswellboy
I get your point but interested in understanding what you think they can do for you?

To try and get the loyal County supporter a ticket, they have given priority to Season Ticket Holders, Trust Members and Share holders. Then anyone who bought a Crawley ticket up to last Thursday.

It's very difficult to see how they can ensure to get all the exiles who don't fall into any of these categories.