Re: Hartlepool Bucket Collection.

Mr Figo wrote:Maybe Stelling, Merson, Le Tissier and Co can put their hands in their pockets after their animated support on the last day of the season
I would think they have a takeover bid lined up already. They are clearly all ardent supporters.

I'll chuck a few quid in though I imagine.

Hartlepool are a basket case financially.

3 years ago the previous owners wrote off £14 Million of debt when offloading the club.

two and a half years ago the then owners were declaring the club debt free.

now it seems they are up to £1.8 Million in debt.

looks like they need a radical shake up in how the club is run.

I also believe their Trust tried to take over 3 years ago.

Amberexile wrote:Hartlepool are a basket case financially.

3 years ago the previous owners wrote off £14 Million of debt when offloading the club.

It was said some time ago, that Les Scadding was particularly keen for The Trust to take over........ That situation at Hartlepool makes me wonder whether any Trust has ever taken over a club, AGAINST THE WISHES of the then owners - a hostile takeover if you like, cos one wonders why more clubs don't do it, and why those that try sometimes failed, or reverse the decision, like Hartlepool and Notts repectively.....

A fantastic gesture from another great club. Pools have been mismanaged on an unbelievable scale. One set of owners are now in prison, the next one coxall might have whats coming to him very soon, im not sure he be sleeping too well on the vast sums he took now. Rumours that a hartlepool based man might take over next week. Im hoping so because he is mega rich and owns half of wynyard near hartlepool.

billinghampoolie wrote:A fantastic gesture from another great club. Pools have been mismanaged on an unbelievable scale. One set of owners are now in prison, the next one coxall might have whats coming to him very soon, im not sure he be sleeping too well on the vast sums he took now. Rumours that a hartlepool based man might take over next week. Im hoping so because he is mega rich and owns half of wynyard near hartlepool.
I don't know how exactly current the following fact is, but at one point, the average length of time taken to REGAIN league status was 8 seasons...
Are everyone at Hartlepool geared up for such a challenge, and willing to stay on board? The likes of Wrexham, Orient and Tranmere must be wondering when / if they'll ever return.
A Football League with no Hartlepool for say, 10 years is a distinct possibility. Football with no Hartlepool at all would be a tragedy.

The town has got behind this club this week like never before. Today the town had virtually every school in the area wearing football tops and declared it a blue and white day. Businesses and local entrapenours are doing loads of things and we will see the benefit of that in next few days. This club has massive potential if run right. Are we prepared to be in the conference for 10 years? We dont want to be their but yes if thats what it takes. 2700 season ticket holders this year for a team in the 5th division and been basically been watching shite for 10 years. The atmosphere tommorow will be second to none its galvanised the whole town. If chris musgrave takes over as is hoped then we wont just be a serious threat in the national league.

Amberexile wrote:Hartlepool are a basket case financially.

Geographically isolated and competing with 4 much bigger neighbours in Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Leeds, can't be easy for them. Also relegation to a level they've never been at and probably don't know what to budget for. Not to mention being stuck with some L2 contracts on Conference crowds.