Stop moaning

Totally fed up of people moaning tonight about the fact that they are not guaranteed a spurs tickets it’s simple guys join the trust at the start of the season just a tenner would have guaranteed you one!! Not saying you should have all bought season tickets as not everyone has the money understand that but a tenner the cost of three pints! So stop moaning join the trust and don’t take the risk again!

Re: Stop moaning

owlsabout wrote:Totally fed up of people moaning tonight about the fact that they are not guaranteed a spurs tickets it’s simple guys join the trust at the start of the season just a tenner would have guaranteed you one!! Not saying you should have all bought season tickets as not everyone has the money understand that but a tenner the cost of three pints! So stop moaning join the trust and don’t take the risk again!
I don't believe simple Trust membership in itself should give priority ...... slap a tenner down, never go to a match from one month to the next, and claim priority over a regular who simply can't afford a ST for whatever reason?...... absolute nonsense!..shouldn't be happening. It's a weak area that needs dealing with in my opinion. So unfair to regulars.

newgroundrodney wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Totally fed up of people moaning tonight about the fact that they are not guaranteed a spurs tickets it’s simple guys join the trust at the start of the season just a tenner would have guaranteed you one!! Not saying you should have all bought season tickets as not everyone has the money understand that but a tenner the cost of three pints! So stop moaning join the trust and don’t take the risk again!
I don't believe simple Trust membership in itself should give priority ...... slap a tenner down, never go to a match from one month to the next, and claim priority over a regular who simply can't afford a ST for whatever reason?...... absolute nonsense!..shouldn't be happening. It's a weak area that needs dealing with in my opinion. So unfair to regulars.
How regular is regular though? E.g. you can afford £20 a game 15 times a season but not a £185 early bird season ticket (or whatever it was)?
Last edited by SJG99 on January 19th, 2018, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
How regular is regular though? E.g. you can afford £20 a game 15 times a season but not a £185 ealry bird season ticket (or whatever it was)?
There are regulars who simply don't have that sort of money to pay out, but they are there every game. All I'm saying is Johnny come lately's speculatively joining the Trust, never going to a game, not even really caring about the County, then BAM, they get preference. It's bollox and needs to stop as soon as we like!

EDIT ; "Ticket purchase history"....that's what's needed

newgroundrodney wrote:
SJG99 wrote: How regular is regular though? E.g. you can afford £20 a game 15 times a season but not a £185 ealry bird season ticket (or whatever it was)?
There are regulars who simply don't have that sort of money to pay out, but they are there every game. All I'm saying is Johnny come lately's speculatively joining the Trust, never going to a game, not even really caring about the County, then BAM, they get preference. It's bollox and needs to stop as soon as we like!

They don't need to pay that sort of money, they need to pay £10 for a trust membership, there aren't that many trust members, this is a totally self-inflicted problem.

newgroundrodney wrote: There are regulars who simply don't have that sort of money to pay out, but they are there every game. All I'm saying is Johnny come lately's speculatively joining the Trust, never going to a game, not even really caring about the County, then BAM, they get preference. It's bollox and needs to stop as soon as we like!

If they're at every game they're paying out more than a ST costs, that's on them for lack of planning.

Also from what one of my mates was saying, most of the people getting Crawley tickets wouldn't have had a clue to join the Trust, and there was only a 3 day window after the Leeds game to do so.

We already have a ticket purchase history, it needs to be linked to a way of restricting purchases by priority.

What a narrow minded egg you are.

What if someone doesn't necessarily agree with the trust model. It's not a dictatorship where people should just hand over money although they disagree.

Hopefully the club learn from this whole process and implement a points or membership scheme moving forward to reward people for actually supporting the club be it home/away games, merchandise, ifollow etc.

It isn't in place at the moment because there's never really been a demand for it. These are simply growing pains for the club in my opinion and there are far worse problems to have like Hartlepool for example.

Simply joining the trust isn't the answer in my honest opinion.

Where was the rewards and benefits for those who pay every month above what any tom dick or harry could get can someone tell me what that is all about .this is the area that needs sorting this is the read and butter lifeline for the club going forward .

stripe.ncfc wrote:

What if someone doesn't necessarily agree with the trust model. It's not a dictatorship where people should just hand over money although they disagree.
Tough shit, you can't have your cake and eat it, don't insult me then whinge when I throw a slap up party with free booze that you're not invited.

Marky wrote:
stripe.ncfc wrote:

Tough shit, you can't have your cake and eat it, don't insult me then whinge when I throw a slap up party with free booze that you're not invited.

lol.

Constructive reply

Moan when things are bad and moan when things are good . Typical Newport county fans .people in this city are just deluded . £10 to join a trust whether you agree with the model or not you still get a say . Half season tickets ? Great business sense from the club. This is a business not just a football club . So to those moaning about spurs tickets you have yourself to blame . Get your head out of your arses and get in the real world .

Great win tonight tail of 2 halves but 5th in the league but let's f****** moan .

The Trust membership, is the only Membership scheme we have. It allocates a membership number starting with the first to join to those who joined today. It shows how long you've been a member. Ok it not perfect and doesn't reflect your past 30 - 40 etc supporting years. But its a start. And I can imagine a time when ticket allocation will be based on the first thousand or so trust members on day one etc etc.
The fact that you spend more money in the shop or on tickets or not, does not make more or less a supporter. My grandad who supported the club all his life, couldn't afford to go to away matches and home games weren't too convenient in later years, but a truer supporter you wouldn't find.

Nineteen Eighty wrote:The Trust membership, is the only Membership scheme we have. It allocates a membership number starting with the first to join to those who joined today. It shows how long you've been a member. Ok it not perfect and doesn't reflect your past 30 - 40 etc supporting years. But its a start. And I can imagine a time when ticket allocation will be based on the first thousand or so trust members on day one etc etc.
The fact that you spend more money in the shop or on tickets or not, does not make more or less a supporter. My grandad who supported the club all his life, couldn't afford to go to away matches and home games weren't too convenient in later years, but a truer supporter you wouldn't find.
Ticket allocation based on trust membership *number* is also a terrible idea. It guarantees privilege long term irrespective of recent contribution. The only fair way to allocate tickets is on a season-by-season basis:

> Season Ticket holders
> Membership (whether Trust or another club membership scheme, but makes sense to be Trust membership as it already exists)
> Individual match attendance
> General sale

There's an argument that overall club-related purchases should count, which is fine because that reflects ST holders as making a big one-off investment and they're also more likely to buy goods and merchandise due to more regular attendance too. That reflects this model but also offers the opportunity for people to increase their priority by buying "stuff".

The other question is whether home season ticket holding should be a priority for away ticket purchasing, but as that's never been an issue it's a bit moot - in fact most of this stuff is moot because we only have about one match needing these measures every two years or so.