Re: FA CUP REPLAY | Match Details and Ticket Prices

newgroundrodney wrote:
TBWAH wrote:Spurs are selling tickets in the block either side of the away allocation so I can't see how they can release more to Newport.
...how near will 7701 get us to the half way line?
Use this, it's how I always end up with a decent seat at Wembley.

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/we ... lution.htm

We've got Blocks 113-122 which is to the halfway line (122). We've been told the allocation is 7701 and there's little chance Spurs will give us any more, unless they've been holding back Level 2 in "our" corner specifically for that reason with the intention of selling them at £15 if the initial allocation sells out.

Can't see them giving us any more though tbh unless their sales are going really badly and they're prepared to move people.

I think there is confusion over this progressive release of the allocation. My understanding is that Spurs initially allowed us to sell the normal away allocation of about 3,000. When this was sold we could then start selling the extra blocks, over and above the usual away allocation, that they had prepared for us by clearing their season ticket holders out. We were to go sequentially through the blocks so that any unsold allocation would mainly consist of whole blocks which they could then sell to their own supporters if required.Since they are currently selling seats all over the rest of level 1 I can't see that they can give us anymore without mixing up home and away supporters.

daftasfxxx wrote:4350 was the figure quoted yesterday, did any really think we would sell anymore than a thousand today?
I know i didn't
I'd quite like to revisit the number of ST holders (was it 1300?) and Trust Members (about 2400?) and from that estimate how many we'd expect to shift. We know it can't be more than

(4*1300) + (2*2400) = 10000 and that's even if there's no overlap between ST holders and Trust members, which clearly there is.

So, anyone got any idea what percentage of the ST holders are also Trust members? I reckon about 80% maybe? So in that case the second calculation is 2*480 (which is the remaining 20% who aren't Trust members and haven't already had their 4 ticket limit), leaving (4*1300)+(2*480) = 5200 + 960 = 6160.

That's of course assuming that every single ST holder buys all 4 of the tickets they're entitled to purchase. That probably won't happen either given that it's midweek and 2-2½ hours away. Say 80% of them buy all 4, that's down to 4160 + 960 = 5120.

Add on about 400 for sponsors... Still looks like an overestimation.

G Guest wrote:I think there is confusion over this progressive release of the allocation. My understanding is that Spurs initially allowed us to sell the normal away allocation of about 3,000. When this was sold we could then start selling the extra blocks, over and above the usual away allocation, that they had prepared for us by clearing their season ticket holders out. We were to go sequentially through the blocks so that any unsold allocation would mainly consist of whole blocks which they could then sell to their own supporters if required.Since they are currently selling seats all over the rest of level 1 I can't see that they can give us anymore without mixing up home and away supporters.
I don't think there's much confusion, other than people maybe hoping we'll get more than 7700, but the two tranches info is new, everything I'd heard was that all blocks were sold sequentially and that was still the case this morning when ours were bought.

The initial info about there being a Level 2 allocation which was removed is what makes me think there might possibly be an option for the £15 tickets as an extended allocation, but as you say, it looks like the Level 1 tickets are as many as we'll get on that level.

After catching up with this thread today I simply have to laugh. Stan and Harps are doing their best to both discredit the club and actually spoil the whole occasion.
Personally I know that everyone I know (and it's quite a lot) has got a ticket. I really and truly couldn't care less about seconds needed per ticket sale etc.
The 2 I mentioned aren't the only ones but my god I'm glad I don't know them personally. They'd drive me mad.
ENJOY IT.

SJG99 wrote:
G Guest wrote:I think there is confusion over this progressive release of the allocation. My understanding is that Spurs initially allowed us to sell the normal away allocation of about 3,000. When this was sold we could then start selling the extra blocks, over and above the usual away allocation, that they had prepared for us by clearing their season ticket holders out. We were to go sequentially through the blocks so that any unsold allocation would mainly consist of whole blocks which they could then sell to their own supporters if required.Since they are currently selling seats all over the rest of level 1 I can't see that they can give us anymore without mixing up home and away supporters.
I don't think there's much confusion, other than people maybe hoping we'll get more than 7700, but the two tranches info is new, everything I'd heard was that all blocks were sold sequentially and that was still the case this morning when ours were bought.

The initial info about there being a Level 2 allocation which was removed is what makes me think there might possibly be an option for the £15 tickets as an extended allocation, but as you say, it looks like the Level 1 tickets are as many as we'll get on that level.

..But I thought they were obliged to make a MINIMUM of 15% of the seats, available to away fans, whether or not we actually OCCUPY them in full, as I understood it, was immaterial.

SJG99 wrote:

You may be right. There are 11 blocks in level 2 which are not currently being offered for sale. Of these 3 are situated above our level 1 allocation.

newgroundrodney wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

..But I thought they were obliged to make a MINIMUM of 15% of the seats, available to away fans, whether or not we actually OCCUPY them in full, as I understood it, was immaterial.
Since 15% of 51000 is 7650 you may be right. Not sure that Spurs couldn't use them if we don't though. So long as crowd segregation is maintained of course.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:Surely the club have given plenty of tickets to sponsors and business' etc. My friend won a competition in work yesterday to win tickets.

If you can give your sponsors plenty of tickets when you are playing in a half empty stadium when can you?

Also I wonder how many people who organised buses picked up all the tickets at the same time so everyone can sit next to each other.

I'm quite surprised people think it's difficult to sell all those tickets in one day.
Bush.

Spot on certainly a few ways tickets have gone out.
The fella offering 50 freebees is probably one of those.
Its brilliant that 4700 went but they didn't all go via the ticket office.
Pretty sure Stans maths are spot on.
Its not a moan but an interesting IMO fact.
Lets hope everybody gets one at the end of the day.
Anyway said my bit so signing off this thread.
Await a few childish insults but wont be replying.
Colchester tomorrow.
Really need the 3 points to keep in touch.
Cheers
Harps
"Won't be replying?" Brilliant.

Why oh why do certain people on here continue to have a gripe on every subject? I'm not going to name you, but you'll know who you are.

We are playing at Wembley in a FA Cup 4th round replay. It's 39 years since our Club were in this position and that time is was not at Wembley. Why can't you just enjoy the moment.

As for the tickets, Spurs have obviously asked/told us how to sell them, ie block by block. This is no different to the York City game, there, when I helped sell the tickets. Presumably the Wrexham game the same. You can't collect at Wembley or order by Internet, because all the tickets have been printed and given to our Club.

I said on another thread, that an email address could have been utilised for distance customers, but maybe they can add that next time.

The Club have managed this whole cup run very well. Sure, there could be improvements, but will everyone (who wants one) get a ticket for Wembley - Yes.

So, stop the moaning, and support the Club and the team, whether you're at Colchester, Wembley or Rodney Parade.

countyareup wrote:Why oh why do certain people on here continue to have a gripe on every subject? I'm not going to name you, but you'll know who you are.

We are playing at Wembley in a FA Cup 4th round replay. It's 39 years since our Club were in this position and that time is was not at Wembley. Why can't you just enjoy the moment.

As for the tickets, Spurs have obviously asked/told us how to sell them, ie block by block. This is no different to the York City game, there, when I helped sell the tickets. Presumably the Wrexham game the same. You can't collect at Wembley or order by Internet, because all the tickets have been printed and given to our Club.

I said on another thread, that an email address could have been utilised for distance customers, but maybe they can add that next time.

The Club have managed this whole cup run very well. Sure, there could be improvements, but will everyone (who wants one) get a ticket for Wembley - Yes.

So, stop the moaning, and support the Club and the team, whether you're at Colchester, Wembley or Rodney Parade.
One word: Attention