Do we use the FA Cup money

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Re: Do we use the FA Cup money

Postby Amberexile » February 12th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Or we could make the council an offer to buy Spytty.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » February 12th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Option 3 would amount to eating the seed potatoes. You could blow it all on the team and still not get promoted. Options 1 and 2 would feed organic growth towards promotion anyway.

I would forget about Spytty other than as a training base.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » February 12th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Possibly a daft question but I really don't know.
We've been told we have made around £750k - £1m from this cup run.... Is this tax free or after the taxman has taken his cut are we looking at an actual sum of around £350-500k ??????
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » February 12th, 2018, 1:00 pm

For corporation tax purposes I would imagine we have enough losses carried forward from previous years to ensure that any trading profits made this year are covered by losses brought forward.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » February 12th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Spend the whole lot on a giant black and amber GOLF umbrella to cover the entire ground.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » February 12th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Possibly a daft question but I really don't know.
We've been told we have made around £750k - £1m from this cup run.... Is this tax free or after the taxman has taken his cut are we looking at an actual sum of around £350-500k ??????

The simple answer to that is the income is taxable. However certain expenditure is tax deductible. Again it's why businesses employ accountants.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » February 12th, 2018, 2:05 pm

The club finances are not my area of expertise, but I would say we need to be careful how we spend. In the reality of the modern football world, £1 million (there or thereabouts) is not a great deal. Yes, we can certainly do something with it. I just think that we need to be careful that we don't spread the money too thinly.

It would be great to imrove the training base, great to improve academy facilities, great to pay off a few debts and great if we could we improve the team. Is there enough money there to do all four. I doubt it.

My preference would be to improve the training base, then if there is any left, (fingers crossed) give it to MF for the team.
User

Ado

Postby Ado » February 12th, 2018, 2:12 pm

1. Long term plans for our base
2. Training Ground
3. Youth Development
4. Scouting
5. Ticketing
no avatar
User

Dis-allowed

Postby Dis-allowed » February 12th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Yes to establish a training ground, with sufficient ground around it to create a possible stadium and future home, the land at the Spencer works/Llanwern by spytty tesco looks good.
no avatar
User

Lucky Mascot 2

Same place as lucky mascot

Postby Lucky Mascot 2 » February 12th, 2018, 7:41 pm

New tumble drier.
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » February 12th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:-

New tumble drier.

We don't have money to burn.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 12th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Dis-allowed wrote:Yes to establish a training ground, with sufficient ground around it to create a possible stadium and future home, the land at the Spencer works/Llanwern by spytty tesco looks good.

Cant see the point paying all that money why not join forces with a local Club say just an example Caldicot improve their pitch spend a bit of money on their changing rooms let some of our younger coaches train their players

Be good for both teams
User

SJG99

The End of the Hedge

Postby SJG99 » February 12th, 2018, 10:09 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Dis-allowed wrote:Yes to establish a training ground, with sufficient ground around it to create a possible stadium and future home, the land at the Spencer works/Llanwern by spytty tesco looks good.

Cant see the point paying all that money why not join forces with a local Club say just an example Caldicot improve their pitch spend a bit of money on their changing rooms let some of our younger coaches train their players

Be good for both teams

Because one of the reasons players don't join clubs is because their facilities are rubbish in comparison to other teams.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 12th, 2018, 11:38 pm

SJG99 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Be good for both teams

Because one of the reasons players don't join clubs is because their facilities are rubbish in comparison to other teams.

True but it's going to be a lot cheaper to sign a deal with a local club do their facilities up we get use of it in the day they get it Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon and evenings the days it's normally empty anyway
no avatar
User

Dis-allowed

Postby Dis-allowed » February 13th, 2018, 1:36 am

Uptheport,
'Cant see the point paying all that money why not join forces with a local Club say just an example Caldicot improve their pitch spend a bit of money on their changing rooms let some of our younger coaches train their players

Be good for both teams.

I do like your idea to include local clubs and I think we could do that with our own training ground
by inviting local teams to the training ground, but I would point out that we already do that with
Newport city at Spytty, if County establish a training ground it would be at least a home that
is ours, the reason I point to the old Spencer works pitch is the infrastructure is in place, SDR
M4, which give good access to the area, I think it is important to have a place to reflect for the team,
manager, board, to have an identity, as Somerton park gave County an identity, as the training ground
could be the registered office and still play at RP.
PreviousNext