Do we use the FA Cup money

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Re: Do we use the FA Cup money

Postby Alan G Bryant » February 13th, 2018, 11:42 am

Based on the evidence of our time spent in the football league , this money will be gone in 2/3 years if we do not have another cup run or sell a player.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » February 13th, 2018, 11:46 am

invest the money in UTP's weekly lottery syndicate.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » February 13th, 2018, 2:44 pm

I understand that it has been a very busy time with the cup run and the onboarding of new directors, but it would be good to hear in the near future about when the next open meeting will be held where subjects such as this can be discussed in principle.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 13th, 2018, 4:14 pm

penycwm county wrote:invest the money in UTP's weekly lottery syndicate.

great idea :cheers:
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » February 13th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Yes.
User

The NCFC Hippy

Postby The NCFC Hippy » February 13th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Good post this one and good sensible debate too, just what the message should be for.
I'm with Stan on this one, my main wish would be to enable us to have enough clout to sit around the table with the council and the WRU and put forward a proper ground part ownership to push us forward for the for-seeable.
I would also use some of it to sort the ticketing - shop both on line and physical - side of things as a priority.
If we had anything left then help for some players for next season is good, but only to back Flynns, judgement.
As the boy at Cheltenham shows (class act that kid signed from Greenwich way) and Washington for us etc, there are some proper diamonds in the rough out there for cheap.
But even if we don't make the play offs at least we will be more stable for next season. But it's not over yet. Let's see.
UTC
no avatar
User

mark oh

Postby mark oh » February 13th, 2018, 8:41 pm

lets pay all our bills,see where we are and throw some funds to the academy,without the academy we wouldn't have the windfalls weve got used too
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » February 15th, 2018, 10:58 am

mark oh wrote:lets pay all our bills,see where we are and throw some funds to the academy,without the academy we wouldn't have the windfalls weve got used too

Agree with that. Incidentally, the fire at Spytty seems to be getting “ bigged up “ as one of the items for spending the windfall - surely that was covered by insurance? As regards bills, anyone know roughly what we owe and to whom? Like the NCFC Hippy I’d like us to pursue some joint initiatives with the WRU as I think we need to show some commitment to RP if it’s going to be our long term home.
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » February 15th, 2018, 2:09 pm

lowandhard wrote:
mark oh wrote:lets pay all our bills,see where we are and throw some funds to the academy,without the academy we wouldn't have the windfalls weve got used too

Agree with that. Incidentally, the fire at Spytty seems to be getting “ bigged up “ as one of the items for spending the windfall - surely that was covered by insurance? As regards bills, anyone know roughly what we owe and to whom? Like the NCFC Hippy I’d like us to pursue some joint initiatives with the WRU as I think we need to show some commitment to RP if it’s going to be our long term home.

The amount of times that keeps getting brought up you'd think the place burnt to the ground.
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » February 15th, 2018, 6:38 pm

That’s what I felt, softening us up for “ sorry, the moneys all gone on training ground repairs “
no avatar
User

CB.

in work mostly

Postby CB. » February 17th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Buy a new dog outfit?
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » February 17th, 2018, 5:12 pm

CB. wrote:Buy a new dog outfit?

:cheers:

Who let the dogs out?
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » February 17th, 2018, 6:07 pm

6 points off the playoffs but a combination of a weak attack and poor pitch will make it difficult to bridge that gap.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 17th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Amberexile wrote:6 points off the playoffs but a combination of a weak attack and poor pitch will make it difficult to bridge that gap.

The pitch IMO is fine especially with three teams playing on it you wont get any better than that
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » February 21st, 2018, 8:57 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Amberexile wrote:6 points off the playoffs but a combination of a weak attack and poor pitch will make it difficult to bridge that gap.

The pitch IMO is fine especially with three teams playing on it you wont get any better than that

Only Newport RFC on it this weekend but we've got 5 home games in March and not sure if Dragons or RFC playing home during March as that pitch will be severely tested
PreviousNext