Re: Getting to Wembley

South London Exile wrote:
rdh2210 wrote:I always drive to Beaconsfield (High Wycombe). About 1 hr 30 mins from Bristol and park there. Wembley is about 4 or 5 stops down the line and takes about 20 mins.
I like how you worded that as if we play there all time, it certainly feels like it! :cheers:
:lol: :lol:
I go there for the NFL every year as well :grin:

North London Exile wrote:
Jakerowe_ wrote:
rdh2210 wrote:I always drive to Beaconsfield (High Wycombe). About 1 hr 30 mins from Bristol and park there. Wembley is about 4 or 5 stops down the line and takes about 20 mins.
Thankyou mate
Slight variant on this: check it out for yourself on Chiltern Railways. I use it quite a lot (not for Wembley!)

Thankyou mate!

Drive from Bristol to Oxford Parkway on same line. Plenty of parking space there.

Times I've looked up:

Oxford Parkway 18.10 18.29 Wembley Stadium 22.21 22.58

Wembley Stadium 19.09 19.28 Oxford Parkway 23.37 00.10

Return Fare £48.70

I honestly wouldn't go anywhere near the roads - M4 around Reading will be busy, A34 to Oxford will be busy. If you're already in the centre of Bristol (or close to Parkway) then by the time you've driven to Oxford you could be in Paddington. Every chance you'll miss kick-off if you drive in my opinion.

Rjwebby2811 wrote:We are driving but I'm leaving Newport at 3 so hoping to get to Wembley by about 6, gives us plenty of time if we do hit a bit of traffic, I wouldn't drive from Bristol at 5
Just a word to the wise. The A 406 (North Circular) can be murder at rush hour, especially between Ealing and the Hanger Lane roundabout. When I lived in London driving from Newport until coming off the M4 usually took less time than driving through London.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Rjwebby2811 wrote:We are driving but I'm leaving Newport at 3 so hoping to get to Wembley by about 6, gives us plenty of time if we do hit a bit of traffic, I wouldn't drive from Bristol at 5
Just a word to the wise. The A 406 (North Circular) can be murder at rush hour, especially between Ealing and the Hanger Lane roundabout. When I lived in London driving from Newport until coming off the M4 usually took less time than driving through London.
Yeah that why I leaving early, a good friend of mine is a London cabby and said that's where there might be a bit of traffic but should be ok and told to keep an eye on it whilst we are travelling down. So fingers crossed

County Exile wrote:The only post match train would get back to my part of deepest Somerset 5.30am so have booked a train up Wednesday, train back Thursday and Wembley High rd Travelodge for the night.
I was going to do the same living in Minehead, but I booked a seat on one of the supporters coaches. Instead.

Collars wrote:I honestly wouldn't go anywhere near the roads - M4 around Reading will be busy, A34 to Oxford will be busy. If you're already in the centre of Bristol (or close to Parkway) then by the time you've driven to Oxford you could be in Paddington. Every chance you'll miss kick-off if you drive in my opinion.
Echo this one - for starters there's a 50 limit for almost all the stretch of the M4 between J13 and J12, must be nearly 10 miles..

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Collars wrote:I honestly wouldn't go anywhere near the roads - M4 around Reading will be busy, A34 to Oxford will be busy. If you're already in the centre of Bristol (or close to Parkway) then by the time you've driven to Oxford you could be in Paddington. Every chance you'll miss kick-off if you drive in my opinion.
Echo this one - for starters there's a 50 limit for almost all the stretch of the M4 between J13 and J12, must be nearly 10 miles..
At fifty miles an hour a ten mile drive will take twelve minutes. At seventy miles an hour it only takes just over eight and a half minutes. I am not really sure three minutes and twenty seven seconds will make too much difference. :grin:

County Exile wrote:The only post match train would get back to my part of deepest Somerset 5.30am so have booked a train up Wednesday, train back Thursday and Wembley High rd Travelodge for the night.
I've stayed there before around a match, nice and convenient for Wembley Central (directly above it)! Plenty of food and a few drink options around there too. We've got lucky in that a mate is bringing his son and will be picking us up and dropping us off at the station either side of the trip to the match, and the last SWR train out of Waterloo isn't until gone 1 so no sweat in the unlikely event of a penalties victory. :alien: