Getting to Wembley

Hi everyone. Looking for some advice. Unfortunately next Wednesday I’m on a course in Bristol until 16:00/17:00. Wondering what the quickest form of transport would be. Was thinking of driving but know traffic will be a nightmare at that time. Or could get a train but know how unpredictable they can be....

Any suggestions? Cheers.

Re: Getting to Wembley

Train is probably your best bet mate, Temple Meads to London can't be much longer than 1hr 30 and Wembley is fairly straight forward to get to and from Paddington. I would say a train is more reliable, quicker and more frequent than a coach if your going the public transport route.

If you insist on driving your best bet would be to drive to the end of one of the tube lines serving Wembley, probably either Uxbridge (Metropolitan) or Stanmore (Jubilee) are the most convenient.

Hope that helps!

Jakerowe_ wrote:Hi everyone. Looking for some advice. Unfortunately next Wednesday I’m on a course in Bristol until 16:00/17:00. Wondering what the quickest form of transport would be. Was thinking of driving but know traffic will be a nightmare at that time. Or could get a train but know how unpredictable they can be....

Any suggestions? Cheers.
I suggest you pull a sickie - if you are still on a course in Bristol at 5pm you won't get to Wembley in time.

South London Exile wrote:Train is probably your best bet mate, Temple Meads to London can't be much longer than 1hr 30 and Wembley is fairly straight forward to get to and from Paddington. I would say a train is more reliable, quicker and more frequent than a coach if your going the public transport route.

If you insist on driving your best bet would be to drive to the end of one of the tube lines serving Wembley, probably either Uxbridge (Metropolitan) or Stanmore (Jubilee) are the most convenient.

Hope that helps!
Very helpful, thankyou!

whoareya wrote:
Jakerowe_ wrote:Hi everyone. Looking for some advice. Unfortunately next Wednesday I’m on a course in Bristol until 16:00/17:00. Wondering what the quickest form of transport would be. Was thinking of driving but know traffic will be a nightmare at that time. Or could get a train but know how unpredictable they can be....

Any suggestions? Cheers.
I suggest you pull a sickie - if you are still on a course in Bristol at 5pm you won't get to Wembley in time.
Haha. I wish I could.. Hopefully they’ll let me finish a bit early!

Jakerowe_ wrote:
whoareya wrote:

Any suggestions? Cheers.
Haha. I wish I could.. Hopefully they’ll let me finish a bit early!
Be tight but you would be alright if you were getting a train.

newgroundrodney wrote:TRAIN TIMES:

Bristol TM..........................Paddington
17:00.................................18:43

Paddington.........................Bristol TM
23:30..................................01:29

ADULT RETURN FARE : £59.50
That’s great cheers!

Pushing it a bit if the course finishes closer to 5 o'clock.

Beechwood Boy wrote:

Pushing it a bit if the course finishes closer to 5 o'clock.
Yeah that’s worst case scenario. Hopefully finish at 3/4 so fingers crossed!

Jakerowe_ wrote:
rdh2210 wrote:I always drive to Beaconsfield (High Wycombe). About 1 hr 30 mins from Bristol and park there. Wembley is about 4 or 5 stops down the line and takes about 20 mins.
Thankyou mate
Slight variant on this: check it out for yourself on Chiltern Railways. I use it quite a lot (not for Wembley!)

Drive from Bristol to Oxford Parkway on same line. Plenty of parking space there.

Times I've looked up:

Oxford Parkway 18.10 18.29 Wembley Stadium 22.21 22.58

Wembley Stadium 19.09 19.28 Oxford Parkway 23.37 00.10

Return Fare £48.70