Re: HOW MANY TICKETS LEFT FOR GENERAL SALE SUN

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
whoareya wrote: You honestly think it's pretty much a given that it's what the club intended? To have tickets resurface a few hours after the deadline, onto an uncontrolled market and let people who couldn't get down in person rely on verbal pledges of tickets and swaps, however well intended?

That is idiotic.
The club felt it was appropriate to give every season ticket holder 4 tickets, did you think that was so they could go 4 times?
For the same reason as they sold 50 tickets pre-sale to a sponsor. The club were fully aware that they would not sell out.

By the way the club did the right thing in selling to sponsors, they were right to sell four to season ticket holders. It is just a shame that they didn't have the gumption to say look lads there are plenty of tickets, don't panic.
I don't remember them saying for anyone to panic. They gave details of how many had been sold every day, so I don't understand what you are saying here .

Pretty sure we all knew it probably wasn't going to sell out, we *might* even have shifted the other 500 tickets if everything was on General Sale because people would have rushed to get theirs at the start and not been organised as they were for the priority sales causing even more duplicate purchases, and chaos with huge queues and a pile of unnecessary hassle and even more sold but unused tickets than we'll already have, that was sensibly minimised with the priority method.

SJG99 wrote:Pretty sure we all knew it probably wasn't going to sell out, we *might* even have shifted the other 500 tickets if everything was on General Sale because people would have rushed to get theirs at the start and not been organised as they were for the priority sales causing even more duplicate purchases, and chaos with huge queues and a pile of unnecessary hassle and even more sold but unused tickets than we'll already have, that was sensibly minimised with the priority method.
People on here saying that they started to queue up at midnight. If they did that I rather think they did think we would sell out don't you?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Pretty sure we all knew it probably wasn't going to sell out, we *might* even have shifted the other 500 tickets if everything was on General Sale because people would have rushed to get theirs at the start and not been organised as they were for the priority sales causing even more duplicate purchases, and chaos with huge queues and a pile of unnecessary hassle and even more sold but unused tickets than we'll already have, that was sensibly minimised with the priority method.
People on here saying that they started to queue up at midnight. If they did that I rather think they did think we would sell out don't you?
When? On the final day of sales?

SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
When? On the final day of sales?
Yip. Some poor sod there at 8-30 on the Saturday night. I think it was Corkie who had the good sense to amble down in the late afternoon and pick up his tickets without having to queue.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just to be clear.

I believe Exile 76 posted something which was misleading. I do not believe he was trying to deliberately mislead.

There is a difference and I hope that anyone including Exile who had thought that I was accusing him of being deliberately deceptive will accept that this was not my intention.
I'm sure that's a huge weight off his mind. Obviously you can't answer my question, so I'll assume once again you were simply stirring up trouble. Good night.

The Cat wrote:Stan, did the club at any point state there should be a panic?
No.

However by having two days of restricted sales and saying on the first day that well over half the tickets had gone they created an atmosphere. That on the second day of restricted sales only 500 were sold leaving nearly 3,000 tickets available for general sale. On that the club said very little.

There were always going to be enough tickets.

One thing hardly mentioned is that the season ticket holders & trust members had first bite and got the worst seats (views).
Agree there are few bad seats but those who purchased at the end got the nearest seats to the half way line.
None of this was mentioned by the club.
Should of been 3 day general sale stating no need for panic and tickets were starting in block 112 moving around as sales commenced

The first few hundred sold in the first block would start row 1 and be the worst seats available.
A big thank you for getting there early on day 1.
Still say it would never have sold out, should of been a general sale, nobody would be buying extra seats as no longer required.
Somebody should of been on telephone sales from opening first morning and throughout then all the Exiles would be sorted.
Lessons will be learned hopefully.
We may have well over 7000 but 500 will be keeping quiet in the home end being Exiles who gave up trying to get through on the phone.

Harps62 wrote:One thing hardly mentioned is that the season ticket holders & trust members had first bite and got the worst seats (views).
Agree there are few bad seats but those who purchased at the end got the nearest seats to the half way line.
None of this was mentioned by the club.
Should of been 3 day general sale stating no need for panic and tickets were starting in block 112 moving around as sales commenced

The first few hundred sold in the first block would start row 1 and be the worst seats available.
A big thank you for getting there early on day 1.
Still say it would never have sold out, should of been a general sale, nobody would be buying extra seats as no longer required.
Somebody should of been on telephone sales from opening first morning and throughout then all the Exiles would be sorted.
Lessons will be learned hopefully.
We may have well over 7000 but 500 will be keeping quiet in the home end being Exiles who gave up trying to get through on the phone.
It was mentioned plenty of times, especially by me, until the Spurs guy clarified that it was due to Spurs having ST holders in the sideline blocks and they wanted to sell those last if possible.

I was annoyed about it too at first, but you have to accept that there was no alternative to that method unless we knew we'd sell all the tickets right from the start, which we didn't. As it turned out, we waited until the second day knowing there were enough tickets for every ST holder and member to buy their 4 or 2, and got Block 119. Of course there was the chance that if everyone had taken that approach and waited for others to fill up the blocks behind the goal we wouldn't have sold any...