Re: HOW MANY TICKETS LEFT FOR GENERAL SALE SUN

newgroundrodney wrote:
mark oh wrote:2700

I'm surprised there's not one single hospitality ticket on sale for away fans.
Don't get me started on that!
Willthiswork advised on this board that packages are available at £45 each, like a James Bond thriller he then sends you a lot of guarded messages as he doesn't wish to disclose his identity. Out of frustration I was forced to contact Alex who subsequently puts our Commercial Manager in touch, and sadly she then proceeds to do absolutely nothing! We are truly tin pot.

Bush wrote:In other words there's plenty left so all the knicker wetters can calm down now.
In fairness I think you're missing the point. People who live outside Newport who don't haven't got hours to spare hitting the redial button are going to have difficulties. I and I suspect a great number of other exiled fans have been extremely fortunate that a person I have never met secured me a ticket. I suspect though that some will decide just to watch it on the television.

Sorry but in 2018, getting on for twenty years since we've had the internet, that internet sales were not an option is unacceptable.

The idea that County sold 4,300 tickets yesterday is ridiculous. It may be they sold 2,500 and that many of the players friends and families, sponsors, volunteers, staff etc accounted for a fair few more. That though is an entirely separate point.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:In other words there's plenty left so all the knicker wetters can calm down now.
In fairness I think you're missing the point. People who live outside Newport who don't haven't got hours to spare hitting the redial button are going to have difficulties. I and I suspect a great number of other exiled fans have been extremely fortunate that a person I have never met secured me a ticket. I suspect though that some will decide just to watch it on the television.

Sorry but in 2018, getting on for twenty years since we've had the internet, that internet sales were not an option is unacceptable.

The idea that County sold 4,300 tickets yesterday is ridiculous. It may be they sold 2,500 and that many of the players friends and families, sponsors, volunteers, staff etc accounted for a fair few more. That though is an entirely separate point.
Why is the idea County sold 4,300 tickets yesterday ridiculous? Can you share with us the facts on which you base this claim?

Of course 4300 tickets were sold yesterday.
Do not know of anybody querying that figure.
A small proportion would of gone to players and family (smaller than you would think)
Sponsors of course (no idea how many but guess quite a few which makes sense)
Volunteers of course
Staff again.
50 to the fella giving them away.
Maybe others in similar situation under sponsors.
Bottom line is everybody local will get tickets, maybe those far afield will struggle unfortunately.
Certainly 4300 tickets were not sold via the ticket office yesterday but it doesn't matter does it.
Think that's your answer Vectis.

Vectis wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Why is the idea County sold 4,300 tickets yesterday ridiculous? Can you share with us the facts on which you base this claim?
For the final time.

Most people buying a ticket will have bought one. But many will have bought two, a few three or four. I suspect the average is less than two but let's call it two. In fact let's call it four.

Now I arrive at the ticket office.

Can I have four tickets please?

Can I see your season ticket?

Yes here it is.

Yes that appears to be all in order Forty pounds please. How would you like to pay?

Credit card please.

Very good just pop your card in there will you.

30 seconds later. There we are.

Thank you miss

Next

Allowing for everything going smoothly. Nobody not having their share certificate needing to be checked, three windows being open. Nobody needing change. No glitches with the card machine. Nobody saying just the one please. No sales person needing a break. Selling a ticket once every ten seconds is difficult. And you'd have to do that for 12 hours solid.

We know that Mike Kear spend five minutes buying his tickets in the afternoon. We know when he bought them there was no queue.

Newport County may have distributed 4,300 tickets yesterday they didn't sell that many.

Harps62 wrote:Of course 4300 tickets were sold yesterday.
Do not know of anybody querying that figure.
A small proportion would of gone to players and family (smaller than you would think)
Sponsors of course (no idea how many but guess quite a few which makes sense)
Volunteers of course
Staff again.
50 to the fella giving them away.
Maybe others in similar situation under sponsors.
Bottom line is everybody local will get tickets, maybe those far afield will struggle unfortunately.
Certainly 4300 tickets were not sold via the ticket office yesterday but it doesn't matter does it.
Think that's your answer Vectis.
I think you would be very surprised how many tickets would go to players and staff at the club.

There's over 25 players in the squad who potentially could be playing their first and possibly their last game at Wembley. I would guess every player would have atleast 4 tickets most probably more so on average that's 100 tickets just for the players.

All the academy players got tickets.

We have a huge amount of directors.

Not forgetting the management and members of staff within the club.

If I was told 500 tickets went to people within the club I would not be surprised one bit.