A Change is as good as a Rest.

The team have been outstanding so far this season in every shape and form but with fixtures coming up thick and fast rotating the squad now is crucial if we want a play off place and even automatic promotion.
Although Flynny said Lincoln's defeat was not a hangover from the cup the defence obviously were not switched on like they were against Kane and Lorrente because Green and Rhead gave them far more headaches.
Must introduce fresher players today otherwise it is pointless having a stronger squad, and it sends out the wrong signals when some of the players starting are under performing and still making the same mistakes.
Keeping White as centre back is key and Tozer in midfield because many of our soft goals that are conceded are when this is not done ie playing them out of position.
Today I would play Hayes upfront with Amond, Osadebe in midfield and Reid at right back. O'Brien back at centre back possibly playing 3 centre backs ? Otherwise if County play the same eleven that started at Lincoln I can see another defeat today.
Being loyal to players is one thing but if they are not producing time to reintroduce.

Re: A Change is as good as a Rest.

I think this game has 'draw' written all over it. Colchester have drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 5 games. We haven't lost 2 on the bounce under Flynny (pray that doesn't tempt fate).

We need to steady the ship before we have our run of some tough games. After the recent euphoria the last thing we need is a descent into slumberland and then waiting until we get the required 50ish points for safety.

Hope for a win, settle for a draw, avoid defeat at all costs. Cmon the County.

somerton moss wrote:Have a good time Merthyr Exile mate. Look forward to your views and opinions about the game and players performances hope you watch a good entertaining County win.

Don't have a good feeling about today's game tbh with you mate but I'm always like it match day :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers:

Colchester have three new deadline day loan signings and two of their better players back from injury available ...

There are times and games in a season which are pivotal. Today's game is one such. Firstly it's a difficult game but the type of game that if you have realistic promotion aspiration, should be looking to get something from. Secondly it is a test of character. Everyone wants to play at Wembley and won't want to pick up an injury or suspension today. The team will be tired and have every excuse. For those old enough to remember the season of triumph, the away game on Easter Tuesday springs to mind. (Peterborough) That was the night I believed we were going up.

But look at the League table. Win today and come the 'slog' we are right in the mix. Lose today and we are getting a bit detached from the real runners. Today is for real, Wednesday is for fun.

Well Said Somerton, defo think things need freshening up, and as you said why have a squad and not use them?
I still think we have a good chance of making the play off's, all teams have a blip and managers need reminding to alter things.

Not enough goals in the side for me, not just strikers but all over the pitch.
Sheehan has to be given a prolonged run in the side if we're to make it, he makes so much happen.
Don't rate certain players too much but Flynnys done amazingly to get us to this, but now's not the time for that discussion, let's enjoy Weds and then crack on.