Re: Flynny has a problem

Harps62 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Hope you are correct.
Any more injuries and we have a problem.
Ben is out for 3 weeks minimum and back up is average at best.
Without OB, we wouldn't be playing Spurs.Hardly average is he.
Percy
For goodness sake O'Brien is in the first team squad.
He is not back up in any form whatsoever.
No idea where you got that from.
OB has been sub and backup to Dem and White,he hasn't been regular.Who do you mean then,Foulston.He obviously isn't ready yet.Bennett is decent if we play him in his right position.Tozer is a midfielder who could play in a back three in an emergency but is no CB.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:Harps last week when I said I wouldn't mind us trying to bring in a game changer to push us to promotion you said we don't need anyone. Now they are all shite!
As usual over the top Bush
This thread was going really well until you come on to spoil it.
Where in the world did I say "They are all shite"
That's pathetic sorry to say.
ps Apart from Sheehan hopefully sooner than later which of these new signings do you think are "game changers"
Looking forward to the reply Bush
I said last week we should buy a player who is a game changer. Likewhen we invested in jolley. You said to replace who? I said nouble or willmott. Then you had your usual paddy.

Said all season I think we are 5 players away from a promotion team. We have been overachieving. Just enjoy the season. Next season we are going to be even better.

Mike Kear wrote:It is abundantly clear by most comments on this thread that the January signings are apart from Sheehan no better than some stop gap signings Westley made.
Certainly nobody is calling any of them "shite"
But like I said fingers crossed that Sheehan comes good the rest I fear are not as good as those Flynny has shunned.
Rigg, Barnum Bobb & Aaron Williams far better bets than these new lads.
I like Barnum-Bobb but none of the 3 you mentioned would take this team further than we currently are.

Sheehan is bought for next season. We have 6 months of him getting his sharpness back. Next season he will be huge for us.

Hayes is going to be a very useful player for us till the end of the season. Is experience is vital. We were all over the place against Crawley until he came on and total nullified Crawley bringing the ball out from the back. Needs to start a run of games for me.

Collins another signing where we had nothing to lose. It was the 5th striker spot. We bring him in and if we like what we see we can look at bringing him back permanently next season. If not then no issue.

Reid is being written off after one game which seems unfair. Personally I would have kept Barnum-Bobb but obviously the manager doesn't like him so wants to bring in someone else. Like Hayes needs a run of games before he can be judged. Right back certainly looks like a vital area to improve in the summer.

The lad from Cambridge is another we don't really know what he is like. I'm not having the classic he couldn't get in another team so he is not good enough for us. Pretty much everyone of our team was released by other teams at one point.

Also if January started right now we might actually have. Brought in a higher standard of signing due to the cup games. But personally I would rather make those signings in the summer now to add to an already strong settled base of players.

Ben white is a championship level CB even at 19. The ceiling for him is possibly even higher. Mickey D is a league one defender as well. The drop off to the next level of CB's is a big drop but those players are league 2 defenders in o'brien, Bennett and tozer as back up. Trust me there are clubs all over the league who would want league 2 CB's has average back ups! Jesus.

Cornish Exile wrote:

According to Mike Flynn, Ben White is likely to be available for Wednesday.

Where did the 3 weeks come from?
Look keep having a pop.
Direct from one of the 3 people running the team.
Okay now give it a rest.

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:Harps last week when I said I wouldn't mind us trying to bring in a game changer to push us to promotion you said we don't need anyone. Now they are all shite!
As usual over the top Bush
This thread was going really well until you come on to spoil it.
Where in the world did I say "They are all shite"
That's pathetic sorry to say.
ps Apart from Sheehan hopefully sooner than later which of these new signings do you think are "game changers"
Looking forward to the reply Bush
If they were game changers they'd be on the pitch to start with...

Bush wrote:
Ben white is a championship level CB even at 19. The ceiling for him is possibly even higher. Mickey D is a league one defender as well. The drop off to the next level of CB's is a big drop but those players are league 2 defenders in o'brien, Bennett and tozer as back up. Trust me there are clubs all over the league who would want league 2 CB's has average back ups! Jesus.
Sorry couldn't resist it but who does Jesus play for?

Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Manchester City. Although he's out injured at the moment.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
Bush wrote:
Manchester City. Although he's out injured at the moment.
:cheers: :cheers: :grin:
Quicker fingers than me , Stan !!

Ado wrote:I wonder what's gone on with Sean Rigg - has he been injured the whole time or has he been frozen out ? Good player on his day - could definitely contribute if given another chance I reckon.
Doctors say his injury could clear up overnight if he finds another club.Otherwise the injury could last until June.