Flynny has a problem

Sure I will get slammed for this opinion.

Like everybody on here have been thinking that he needs to drop or rest whichever term you prefer some of those playing week in week out.

Where I think the problem lies is that we have a fair old size squad now but who is as good or even possibly better to bring in.

IMO the January signings have been a disappointment so far.

Reid. Flynny states blew up today needs to get fit and wont be pushing for Wednesday.

Hayes Seen some rays of sunshine but bit part player these days.

Sheehan Needs time and looks a long way off still, just hope he does get back to last seasons form.

Collins Not in the current squad would he make an impression?

Osadhebe Possible back up for Labs, only seen him once but not a Labs.

Rigg/ Jazzi Not rated?

Bittner? Joe even with a few howlers (not really happened thank goodness) will not be dropped

Jahraldo Never mentioned

Toe No progress

Marlon Long term injured

Foulston. Too young.

McCoulsky Great goals but lost over 90 minutes.

Think Flynny is stuck with what he has and possibly has no confidence in those not starting for us.
Therefore he is sticking with what he picks every week.

Has he fallen out with Pipey?

Ben White injury is certainly a disaster if its a hamstring problem.

If I have missed anybody else out apologies.
Last edited by Harps62 on February 3rd, 2018, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Flynny has a problem

Everyone connected to the club would have taken where we currently sit had they been offered it at the start of the season. We're fine. We're not going up, but we aren't going down, just enjoy the ride. :roll:

Also, cup runs often knock the wind out of the team and form dips for a bit. Look at Bristol City since their League Cup heroics.

"We're not going up, but we aren't going down"
Think you are correct but not that long ago a lot on here including myself were saying we have a great shout via the play offs to go up.
Has that gone now
Just asking.
The squad seems to getting more tired and that's why I say has he got a problem with what's in reserve.
IMO he has if he still wants to make the play offs.

We've been punching above our weight and i think some of our fans got over excited to the point where a few were even tipping is for automatic promotion. We will finish a respectable mid table.
You can check the type of players our rivals were able to bring in to reinforce their squads in Jan compared to what we brought in.

If you offered it to me in August I'd have bitten your hand off for where we are and what we've done so far this season ...

Totally underwhelmed with what has come in, to create competition those challenging for the shirt have got to be of the same or at the very least a similar standard as those that are being challenged for their shirt otherwise there is no competition and it doesn’t work, not one of the players brought in fit this criteria they’re just not good enough. Giving a lad that had a very serious injury an 18mth contract when the lad hadn’t kicked a ball in anger for almost a year is absolute lunacy, Collins been out on loan in lower leagues and couldn’t get a regular start, Hayes no matter how they dress that move up it was a major **** up, yes he can do a job for 10 or 15 mins to run the clock down otherwise a complete shambles of deal.
The bod said they will back a promotion push due to the budget boost, we haven’t made one signing that makes a statement of intent or our desire to climb the league and push on

Newportonian wrote:Totally underwhelmed with what has come in, to create competition those challenging for the shirt have got to be of the same or at the very least a similar standard as those that are being challenged for their shirt otherwise there is no competition and it doesn’t work, not one of the players brought in fit this criteria they’re just not good enough. Giving a lad that had a very serious injury an 18mth contract when the lad hadn’t kicked a ball in anger for almost a year is absolute lunacy, Collins been out on loan in lower leagues and couldn’t get a regular start, Hayes no matter how they dress that move up it was a major **** up, yes he can do a job for 10 or 15 mins to run the clock down otherwise a complete shambles of deal.
The bod said they will back a promotion push due to the budget boost, we haven’t made one signing that makes a statement of intent or our desire to climb the league and push on
Agree, totally underwhelmed with the signings, heading for lower mid-table imho

What worries me is the fact that we never look like scoring many goals, two at most. We lack exciting flair players. I would have kept Reynolds and Williams and given them a chance, maybe as impact players. Sheehan hopefully will be ok for next season, but hasn't played much and is a gamble. We will be middle table for sure but a great season compared to last, 15 games left 9 at home but mainly hard ones and 6 away. Win 7 draw 3 and lose 5 so we should gain another 24 points.
Collins, McCoulsky, White big loss, Osadebe, Reid will all go back and we need to release Rigg big earner ?, Jackson unfortunately Shop no. 2, Turley, Owen Evans, Jazzi, Hayes and Martin and start again.

Harps62 wrote:Sure I will get slammed for this opinion.

Like everybody on here have been thinking that he needs to drop or rest whichever term you prefer some of those playing week in week out.

Where I think the problem lies is that we have a fair old size squad now but who is as good or even possibly better to bring in.

IMO the January signings have been a disappointment so far.

Reid. Flynny states blew up today needs to get fit and wont be pushing for Wednesday.

Hayes Seen some rays of sunshine but bit part player these days.

Sheehan Needs time and looks a long way off still, just hope he does get back to last seasons form.

Collins Not in the current squad would he make an impression?

Osadhebe Possible back up for Labs, only seen him once but not a Labs.

Rigg/ Jazzi Not rated?

Bittner? Joe even with a few howlers (not really happened thank goodness) will not be dropped

Jahraldo Never mentioned

Toe No progress

Marlon Long term injured

Foulston. Too young.

McCoulsky Great goals but lost over 90 minutes.

Think Flynny is stuck with what he has and possibly has no confidence in those not starting for us.
Therefore he is sticking with what he picks every week.

Has he fallen out with Pipey?

Ben White injury is certainly a disaster if its a hamstring problem.

If I have missed anybody else out apologies.
Agree completely Harps. Rigg should be in the squad, he would definitely add something to the team. Flynny is moaning about Reid's fitness yet he signed him and he's been training him for weeks. Not enough rotation for me and players playing poorly still get in the team. I would love to see Akinde here with Amond next season.

I still think we'll be in with a shout of the playoffs into the last weeks of the season, once the cup distraction is out of the way we'll be fully focused on the league again and results will pick up, and we have a great run-in, with a big imbalance in home versus away games.

Nine remaining home fixtures which are:

Forest Green
Notts Co
Accrington
Luton
Crewe
Coventry
Stevenage
Swindon
Cambridge

Only six away, and we've got
Mansfield
Port Vale
Yeovil
Chesterfield
Barnet
Carlisle

Basically apart from Mansfield we should be favourites in the away games and could log 5 wins, the home games we should win 4, and then there are 5 more against promotion rivals - those will define the season as 6 pointers and go a long way to deciding where we end up. Just the 9 wins in games we should be favourites there would put us on 73 points...

When we were concentrating on the league earlier in the season we put together a heap of results, and unless we progress in the FA Cup there is only one occasion where we'll be playing more than once in a week, which gives players better recovery time and will help us as most of our underwhelming results have come in busy weeks with little rest time.

Still looks positive for a tilt at promotion even after a disappointing week.

As for the squad, we've got enough cover for a side with our finances and our first team and as with any team we'll be better with the first team available. It's nice to have some options and the first team can beat anyone in this division, and have been doing so pretty regularly.

This is as bad as results get for us this season, and we shouldn't ignore what's happened the rest of the season just because of it.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Dunno, as things stand I reckon only four of those won't be in the mix for promotion or relegation and four will be scrapping for their lives, which I suppose is a function of sitting 11th. I'd be happy if we maintain that.
Depending on how the next few weeks go we may still be in that equation ourselves.