Re: Flynny has a problem

SJG99 wrote:I still think we'll be in with a shout of the playoffs into the last weeks of the season, once the cup distraction is out of the way we'll be fully focused on the league again and results will pick up, and we have a great run-in, with a big imbalance in home versus away games.

Nine remaining home fixtures which are:

Forest Green
Notts Co
Accrington
Luton
Crewe
Coventry
Stevenage
Swindon
Cambridge

Only six away, and we've got
Mansfield
Port Vale
Yeovil
Chesterfield
Barnet
Carlisle

Basically apart from Mansfield we should be favourites in the away games and could log 5 wins, the home games we should win 4, and then there are 5 more against promotion rivals - those will define the season as 6 pointers and go a long way to deciding where we end up. Just the 9 wins in games we should be favourites there would put us on 73 points...

When we were concentrating on the league earlier in the season we put together a heap of results, and unless we progress in the FA Cup there is only one occasion where we'll be playing more than once in a week, which gives players better recovery time and will help us as most of our underwhelming results have come in busy weeks with little rest time.

Still looks positive for a tilt at promotion even after a disappointing week.

As for the squad, we've got enough cover for a side with our finances and our first team and as with any team we'll be better with the first team available. It's nice to have some options and the first team can beat anyone in this division, and have been doing so pretty regularly.

This is as bad as results get for us this season, and we shouldn't ignore what's happened the rest of the season just because of it.
Sorry but totally disagree with your hopeful post.
Favourites in 5 away games?
Of those 5 maybe Yeovil, but Chesterfield & Barnet are fighting for their lives.
The others would be home favourites.

Think I can see 5/6 points from those games at best..
Sorry the majority of cover we have are not up to it hence Flynny never changes the side regardless of how some are looking knackered.
Hope you are correct but think its wishful thinking sorry to say

Based on what I saw yesterday the Hayes signing could yet still prove to be a masterstroke, his movement and game awareness was exceptional and he definitely has a role to play. The Cambridge lad had a good 30 minutes. Still a/lot to play for, great if we make the playoffs if not then I would hope we add quality in the summer, at the moment Wycombe is our yardstick for how a club builds and progresses.

Regarding Osadhebe.
Cambridge were happy to let him come on loan to us a club in direct competition
The lad only got 4 games for Cambridge so not sure why Flynny thought he would strengthen our squad when he couldn't get a game for his home club.
Time will tell of course.

Harps62 wrote:Regarding Osadhebe.
Cambridge were happy to let him come on loan to us a club in direct competition
The lad only got 4 games for Cambridge so not sure why Flynny thought he would strengthen our squad when he couldn't get a game for his home club.
Time will tell of course.
A warm body in a position where we have had 3 players in and out with injury all season doesn't seem like a particularly bad idea.

We have a settled first XI and with an absence of players moving who we could afford and are likely to improve us, we've added some cover in areas where we've had to make do before. Whether those players can get up to speed and make an impact remains to be seen, but one game out of the transfer window is not the time to be judging it.

Settled first eleven.
Some looking knackered now.
The cover added does not improve what we had before.
Love your optimism though fair do's

Reynolds/ Williams - Collins/Hayes
Jazzi - Reid
Rigg - Osadhebe
Sheehan - Still hopeful, but really hope its not like Christian who had that long term injury and never got back from it.

Any more injuries and anyone in this division will have problems. That's why we've tried to cover high risk areas off.

Btw can't find the thread at the moment, but Nouble and Labadie ARE both on 9 yellows, you can check it here: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... uspensions

The 10 yellows problem cuts off after 37 league games in the EFL, so that's Yeovil on 10th March. Fairly sure at least one of them will get another yellow in the 7 games before that one finishes though... and then it's avoiding 15 before the end of the season.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Hope you are correct.
Any more injuries and we have a problem.
Ben is out for 3 weeks minimum and back up is average at best.
Without OB, we wouldn't be playing Spurs.Hardly average is he.
Percy
For goodness sake O'Brien is in the first team squad.
He is not back up in any form whatsoever.
No idea where you got that from.

Bush wrote:Harps last week when I said I wouldn't mind us trying to bring in a game changer to push us to promotion you said we don't need anyone. Now they are all shite!
As usual over the top Bush
This thread was going really well until you come on to spoil it.
Where in the world did I say "They are all shite"
That's pathetic sorry to say.
ps Apart from Sheehan hopefully sooner than later which of these new signings do you think are "game changers"
Looking forward to the reply Bush
Last edited by Harps62 on February 4th, 2018, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is abundantly clear by most comments on this thread that the January signings are apart from Sheehan no better than some stop gap signings Westley made.
Certainly nobody is calling any of them "shite"
But like I said fingers crossed that Sheehan comes good the rest I fear are not as good as those Flynny has shunned.
Rigg, Barnum Bobb & Aaron Williams far better bets than these new lads.