Re: Come on Liverpool

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote: Watched Harry Kane yesterday, hope the refs are wise to his pushing at corners/free kicks to make an advantage and space for himself. Wouldnt have been out of place in the superbowl.
You'd think so by now, he did it on Stephens to score his header at St Mary's two weeks ago too.

VAR is useless specifically because things like goals from corners should ALWAYS be disallowed under review, there are always a heap of fouls in the build up.

SJG99 wrote:
Lucky Mascot 2 wrote: Watched Harry Kane yesterday, hope the refs are wise to his pushing at corners/free kicks to make an advantage and space for himself. Wouldnt have been out of place in the superbowl.
You'd think so by now, he did it on Stephens to score his header at St Mary's two weeks ago too.

VAR is useless specifically because things like goals from corners should ALWAYS be disallowed under review, there are always a heap of fouls in the build up.
More importantly he did it against the County. He pushed Labadie out of the way to make space for himself to get to the far post for their goal.

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:Think diving and simulation is something that needs to be stamped out. Dont like to see it which ever side it is. Stay on you feet I say, all this waiting for a touch, leaving a leg back, all nonesense.
Watched Harry Kane yesterday, hope the refs are wise to his pushing at corners/free kicks to make an advantage and space for himself. Wouldnt have been out of place in the superbowl.
Agreed. I don't understand how a nudge in the back seems to result in your legs collapsing beneath you. :?:

Blackandamber wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

More importantly he did it against the County. He pushed Labadie out of the way to make space for himself to get to the far post for their goal.
I'd taken that one as a given seeing as we were already talking about it on County's forum!

excessbee wrote: Agreed. I don't understand how a nudge in the back seems to result in your legs collapsing beneath you. :?:
The initial problem is still, and remains the case, that referees rarely give penalties for fouls unless someone falls over. So players who get fouled fall over to ensure the foul is acknowledged. Then sometimes players fall over to get penalties because they think they deserve them...

SJG99 wrote:
excessbee wrote: Agreed. I don't understand how a nudge in the back seems to result in your legs collapsing beneath you. :?:
The initial problem is still, and remains the case, that referees rarely give penalties for fouls unless someone falls over. So players who get fouled fall over to ensure the foul is acknowledged. Then sometimes players fall over to get penalties because they think they deserve them...
I agree. Where I would go further is that forwards leave a trailing leg and look to go over. For me I would like to see referees using the same logic as with handball. That is that if the tackling player is not moving towards the leg, often the case when goalkeepers come out then no penalty. Also if it's a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity surely it shouldn't be red for trying to create a goal scoring opportunity by cheating/diving.