Re: All these ticket sales on here

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
As I've said you constantly come across as a complete and utter pompous arsehole, why on earth would i want to spend ANY time in your company???
To show that you are not just a coward. Happy to spew out abuse but like all trolls too pathetic to remove yourself from the safety of your computer.

Oh, if you want me to say it to your face I'd certainly do that He Man, but spend time in your company? No thanks...
Okay.

I have sent you my phone number and give me a call Wednesday. Looking forward to meeting you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The Cat wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Exile 76, Cat, KAL, I will be there on Wednesday. I promise you all that I abhor violence and you will be perfectly safe. Come over and call me an arsehole to my face. I would like to meet you and understand your point of view. Frankly at the moment calling me an arsehole and anyone unfortunate enough to agree with me an arse licker does seem a trifle childish.

PM me and we can arrange a time and place. Looking forward to meeting you chaps. I will even buy you a nice hot cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit to show I have no hard feelings. Merely bemusement. 8)
I haven't called you anything. I simply think you want to criticize everything the club does. I don't need to meet you to confirm that.
No Cat. But read your post, you endorse those who do. Now would you like a cuppa and a bar of chocolate or not?
No thank you. I'll be with friends and my two sons. That's the way it is and I feel no need to try and meet you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Exile 76, Cat, KAL, I will be there on Wednesday. I promise you all that I abhor violence and you will be perfectly safe. Come over and call me an arsehole to my face. I would like to meet you and understand your point of view. Frankly at the moment calling me an arsehole and anyone unfortunate enough to agree with me an arse licker does seem a trifle childish.

PM me and we can arrange a time and place. Looking forward to meeting you chaps. I will even buy you a nice hot cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit to show I have no hard feelings. Merely bemusement. 8)

Just thinking that two days before probably the biggest cup game in our history that I wish all this vitriol could stop.

Calling someone who agrees with you an arse licker and childish. Ffs, that is pretty timid really. I have been called far worse for agreeing with you on topics in the past. Cmon the County, Spurs look out.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Which lackeys, instructed by whom?

On the contrary, the club did make a statement about lessons being learnt about ticketing. I agree with people saying more thought needs to be given to exiled supporters. I think it's a bigger issue than just ticketing, it's an inward-looking mindset we need to move away from and I've said that here more than once. Modernising the IT will help.
George that's my point.

A CEO is appointed to see problems in advance. After 30 years we are still reacting. It can't have been beyond the comprehension of the club that sooner or later we would have an away tie with a big club. Lincoln, Exeter, Cambridge all have in the last few years.

Do you know what I find really annoying. I stand in a supermarket queue. If a woman is in front of me I know what is going to happen. The person on the checkout will say £56-27p please. At which point the woman will look totally aghast and after ten seconds of being like a rabbit in the headlights will spend the next minute or so rummaging through her handbag trying to find her purse. I swear to God one day I will say to one of these women, "Has it never occurred to you that the supermarket will want payment for the goods you have just bought?"

By the same token. To those in charge of running our club. On a slow Thursday in October did it not occur to you to have a chat to the CEO's of other small clubs and ask about the challenges that they had faced when drawn against a big club in the FA Cup?

Getting old is great. I can say what I think, I don't give a rats arse what people think of me, and I am going to tell it as I see it.

Last summer Lincoln City installed an online ticketing system after their FA cup run.This week their fans have still queued for tickets for their upcoming semi-final against Chelsea u23s.

Exeter City's volunteers were left exhausted after supporters queued overnight for their tie against Liverpool, as did Cambridge fans for their fixture against Manchester United and Yeovil over 10 days ago.

Wycombe had to issue an apology for their miscommunication on ticket eligibility and the collapse of their online ticketing system for their Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup fixture last season.

Cardiff City had disgruntled supporters queuing for hours as their online ticketing system failed to recognise the membership requirements for the Manchester City fixture.

You see, every club has problems when there is a huge demand and I make that six other CEOs that clearly did not anticipate a problem either.

p.s
If the woman in the queue continues to annoy you , try online shopping it's so much easier.

One of the guys in my office supports them down the road, and gave up trying to get a ticket for Man City. He said the entire arrangement down there was a shambles.

I think the ticketing arrangements have been fine for the Spurs games really. The club reacted correctly in increasing the number of tickets that could be purchased for the away game. No complaint from me - would have been mayhem if it had been general sale from the start.

Spiderman wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

On the contrary, the club did make a statement about lessons being learnt about ticketing. I agree with people saying more thought needs to be given to exiled supporters. I think it's a bigger issue than just ticketing, it's an inward-looking mindset we need to move away from and I've said that here more than once. Modernising the IT will help.
George that's my point.

A CEO is appointed to see problems in advance. After 30 years we are still reacting. It can't have been beyond the comprehension of the club that sooner or later we would have an away tie with a big club. Lincoln, Exeter, Cambridge all have in the last few years.

Do you know what I find really annoying. I stand in a supermarket queue. If a woman is in front of me I know what is going to happen. The person on the checkout will say £56-27p please. At which point the woman will look totally aghast and after ten seconds of being like a rabbit in the headlights will spend the next minute or so rummaging through her handbag trying to find her purse. I swear to God one day I will say to one of these women, "Has it never occurred to you that the supermarket will want payment for the goods you have just bought?"

By the same token. To those in charge of running our club. On a slow Thursday in October did it not occur to you to have a chat to the CEO's of other small clubs and ask about the challenges that they had faced when drawn against a big club in the FA Cup?

Getting old is great. I can say what I think, I don't give a rats arse what people think of me, and I am going to tell it as I see it.

Last summer Lincoln City installed an online ticketing system after their FA cup run.This week their fans have still queued for tickets for their upcoming semi-final against Chelsea u23s.

Exeter City's volunteers were left exhausted after supporters queued overnight for their tie against Liverpool, as did Cambridge fans for their fixture against Manchester United and Yeovil over 10 days ago.

Wycombe had to issue an apology for their miscommunication on ticket eligibility and the collapse of their online ticketing system for their Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup fixture last season.

Cardiff City had disgruntled supporters queuing for hours as their online ticketing system failed to recognise the membership requirements for the Manchester City fixture.

You see, every club has problems when there is a huge demand and I make that six other CEOs that clearly did not anticipate a problem either.

p.s
If the woman in the queue continues to annoy you , try online shopping it's so much easier.
Your citation for these mishaps?

Spiderman wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

George that's my point.

p.s
I actually think the club did the best in the circumstances but theres plenty to work on for next season and as much as plenty of hard work went into the process there were plenty of errors. But you have wrote utter nonsense here. I know someone who got county tickets and Cardiff tickets and he was saying how well the Cardiff process worked compared to County's.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Spiderman wrote:What does citation mean ?
It means where do you get your facts?
Oh, I just googled the teams you mentioned that we should learn from and it's all online. If you put in Wycombe/ Tottenham/ Tickets for instance you can read the mistakes they made also.

It also shows that Manchester United insisted on season ticket holders buying a ticket at full price for the Cambridge fixture or they'd lose their privilege for the next premier league game, what a way to treat supporters hey .

Remember the furore of £3 extra for Leeds

In fairness , I would expect an established championship club like Cardiff City to be a little ahead of us in terms of ticketing procedures but according to the Wales online, this process was also flawed.

'And some supporters revealed on social media that they had been queueing for more than two hours just to watch the Bluebirds come up against Man City's star-studded side.

One disgruntled fan said: "Most of the people here have tried to get online. The online system fails to recognise the membership requirements.

"An awful lot of people have actually phoned. I telephoned twice yesterday. The first time I was on the phone for an hour and 20 minutes. It counted me down from 25 to one then it went into a useless jingle which lasted for 20 minutes and I was cut off."

That's why you talk to others. What worked, what didn't what would you do differently next time?

I am sure that if next season someone rings us we will be able to say, if you are going to rely on telephone sales for a large number of your exiled supporters it is probably a good idea not to expect one woman working alone to sell tickets, answer the phone, arrange for tickets to be posted or sent guaranteed delivery.

Nothing is ever perfect and even with the best of planning things can go wrong. But at best our planning was haphazard. Trying to pretend it wasn't is in my view the worst possible response.