Re: All these ticket sales on here

daftasfxxx wrote:
ref23 wrote:Good to see that some people thought they could make a fast buck and have been proven wrong.
That's a bit out if order ref, lots of genuine reasons people could be selling for, illness for one
What 4 and 6 tickets at a time? That would be some coincidence :lol:

ref23 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
ref23 wrote:Good to see that some people thought they could make a fast buck and have been proven wrong.
That's a bit out if order ref, lots of genuine reasons people could be selling for, illness for one
What 4 and 6 tickets at a time? That would be some coincidence :lol:
Could be
If i become ill i wouldn't let my kids go on their own for example

Goddard & woods wrote:I know of a couple of people who used their extras for other fans and were let down because they changed their minds or got them from someone else.
I guess I was referring specifically to the two posts on this forum; both of which are for 4/6 people, and appeared on here 10 minutes after the closing date for buying tickets, from new forum members.

I'm sure there will be the odd 1 or 2 who have genuine spares which is fair enough.

I might have two tickets for sale . I bought them for a mate and his son , who by the way go to EVERY home game. I have yet not been able to ring them to see if they are still coming with me or whether they have bought their own tickets.. If they don't then I will offer them for sale on here for face value. I don't or won't rip anyone off if they want to buy them if they are available and sell them at face value. I am not in it to make a 'fast buck' as some might say.

If I don't sell them , so be it , they only cost me £20...If by Wednesday lunchtime and they haven't been used by my mates or sold I will meet anyone at Wembley and give them to them for free if they want to take the chance and wait that long.

If I was trying to make a quick buck then wouldn’t I sell them for more than the face value ?? How am I making money from selling them for the same price as I bought them for ? I am selling as I bought 4 for me and my mate bought 2 for him on Thursday with our season tickets as my son plays for the county academy.. but went down yesterday and there was tickets left for a better stand so we bought 6 more and I am trying to help people out who could not travel to Newport to get theirs as there is no internet sales..

Damobezz14 wrote:If I was trying to make a quick buck then wouldn’t I sell them for more than the face value ?? How am I making money from selling them for the same price as I bought them for ? I am selling as I bought 4 for me and my mate bought 2 for him on Thursday with our season tickets as my son plays for the county academy.. but went down yesterday and there was tickets left for a better stand so we bought 6 more and I am trying to help people out who could not travel to Newport to get theirs as there is no internet sales..
I stand corrected.

There were always going to be enough tickets. There were two problems. Firstly the distribution to exiled fans, which I sincerely hope the club sort out for future occasions. Secondly the needless panic brought about by not simply putting the tickets on general sale.

I suggested on another thread that as some season ticket holders and Trust members were likely to be a bit precious that perhaps one day when they alone could buy tickets wouldn't do too much damage, but just look at the mayhem caused. Supporters not sure that there were enough tickets buying for mates because they are decent people only to find that the mates could not go or had tickets anyway.

But the real problem is not that mistakes were made but rather that instead of learning the automatic response is to simply say 'a few minor hiccups but by and large we got it right.'

If the club believe that people queuing overnight to get tickets when the more sensible ambled in in the afternoon and picked up tickets without having to queue is a good idea then they are in error. Anyone with an ounce of sense would have worked out that the idea the club would sell as many tickets for a midweek replay away as they were able to sell for the same fixture at home on a Saturday was living in cloud cuckoo land.

I know that I will be castigated for this but it doesn't stop it from being true. Only an idiot would have queued all night for a ticket. I don't doubt that these people are great fans but they were being plain daft. The club have a duty to these people. If County had said that there were plenty of tickets and could supporters try to stagger their arrival at Rodney Parade it would have been so much better. So next time a bit of common eh?

Secondly as for exiled fans. Next time let's try putting a internet selling system in place. Also let's try liaising with the opposition club about the collection of tickets.

And if what I have written upsets you, frankly my dears, I don't give a rats arse.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:There were always going to be enough tickets. There were two problems. Firstly the distribution to exiled fans, which I sincerely hope the club sort out for future occasions. Secondly the needless panic brought about by not simply putting the tickets on general sale.

I suggested on another thread that as some season ticket holders and Trust members were likely to be a bit precious that perhaps one day when they alone could buy tickets wouldn't do too much damage, but just look at the mayhem caused. Supporters not sure that there were enough tickets buying for mates because they are decent people only to find that the mates could not go or had tickets anyway.

But the real problem is not that mistakes were made but rather that instead of learning the automatic response is to simply say 'a few minor hiccups but by and large we got it right.'

If the club believe that people queuing overnight to get tickets when the more sensible ambled in in the afternoon and picked up tickets without having to queue is a good idea then they are in error. Anyone with an ounce of sense would have worked out that the idea the club would sell as many tickets for a midweek replay away as they were able to sell for the same fixture at home on a Saturday was living in cloud cuckoo land.

I know that I will be castigated for this but it doesn't stop it from being true. Only an idiot would have queued all night for a ticket. I don't doubt that these people are great fans but they were being plain daft. The club have a duty to these people. If County had said that there were plenty of tickets and could supporters try to stagger their arrival at Rodney Parade it would have been so much better. So next time a bit of common eh?

Secondly as for exiled fans. Next time let's try putting a internet selling system in place. Also let's try liaising with the opposition club about the collection of tickets.

And if what I have written upsets you, frankly my dears, I don't give a rats arse.

Again this has been mentioned numerous times but he club has already said they are going to look at upgrading the systems and they also liaised with Spurs about Wembley pick ups but this wasn't available to us.