Re: All these ticket sales on here

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: But the real problem is not that mistakes were made but rather that instead of learning the automatic response is to simply say 'a few minor hiccups but by and large we got it right.'
Which as far as I know no-one at the club has actually said.
As the club never say anything they never learn. They just instruct lackeys to come on here and defend the actions of the club no matter how stupid.

By the way has Gavin finished considering his position yet? I haven't heard lately on that score either.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:There were always going to be enough tickets. There were two problems. Firstly the distribution to exiled fans, which I sincerely hope the club sort out for future occasions. Secondly the needless panic brought about by not simply putting the tickets on general sale.

I suggested on another thread that as some season ticket holders and Trust members were likely to be a bit precious that perhaps one day when they alone could buy tickets wouldn't do too much damage, but just look at the mayhem caused. Supporters not sure that there were enough tickets buying for mates because they are decent people only to find that the mates could not go or had tickets anyway.

But the real problem is not that mistakes were made but rather that instead of learning the automatic response is to simply say 'a few minor hiccups but by and large we got it right.'

If the club believe that people queuing overnight to get tickets when the more sensible ambled in in the afternoon and picked up tickets without having to queue is a good idea then they are in error. Anyone with an ounce of sense would have worked out that the idea the club would sell as many tickets for a midweek replay away as they were able to sell for the same fixture at home on a Saturday was living in cloud cuckoo land.

I know that I will be castigated for this but it doesn't stop it from being true. Only an idiot would have queued all night for a ticket. I don't doubt that these people are great fans but they were being plain daft. The club have a duty to these people. If County had said that there were plenty of tickets and could supporters try to stagger their arrival at Rodney Parade it would have been so much better. So next time a bit of common eh?

Secondly as for exiled fans. Next time let's try putting a internet selling system in place. Also let's try liaising with the opposition club about the collection of tickets.

And if what I have written upsets you, frankly my dears, I don't give a rats arse.

Again this has been mentioned numerous times but he club has already said they are going to look at upgrading the systems and they also liaised with Spurs about Wembley pick ups but this wasn't available to us.
You said previously that Spurs had not offered the facility. As you are now saying that County liaised with Spurs ans Spurs turned down the request then you owe Alex an apology for misrepresenting him and me an apology for misleading me.

Otherwise please remove this misleading post.

Which lackeys, instructed by whom?

On the contrary, the club did make a statement about lessons being learnt about ticketing. I agree with people saying more thought needs to be given to exiled supporters. I think it's a bigger issue than just ticketing, it's an inward-looking mindset we need to move away from and I've said that here more than once. Modernising the IT will help.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:There were always going to be enough tickets. There were two problems. Firstly the distribution to exiled fans, which I sincerely hope the club sort out for future occasions. Secondly the needless panic brought about by not simply putting the tickets on general sale.

I suggested on another thread that as some season ticket holders and Trust members were likely to be a bit precious that perhaps one day when they alone could buy tickets wouldn't do too much damage, but just look at the mayhem caused. Supporters not sure that there were enough tickets buying for mates because they are decent people only to find that the mates could not go or had tickets anyway.

But the real problem is not that mistakes were made but rather that instead of learning the automatic response is to simply say 'a few minor hiccups but by and large we got it right.'

If the club believe that people queuing overnight to get tickets when the more sensible ambled in in the afternoon and picked up tickets without having to queue is a good idea then they are in error. Anyone with an ounce of sense would have worked out that the idea the club would sell as many tickets for a midweek replay away as they were able to sell for the same fixture at home on a Saturday was living in cloud cuckoo land.

I know that I will be castigated for this but it doesn't stop it from being true. Only an idiot would have queued all night for a ticket. I don't doubt that these people are great fans but they were being plain daft. The club have a duty to these people. If County had said that there were plenty of tickets and could supporters try to stagger their arrival at Rodney Parade it would have been so much better. So next time a bit of common eh?

Secondly as for exiled fans. Next time let's try putting a internet selling system in place. Also let's try liaising with the opposition club about the collection of tickets.

And if what I have written upsets you, frankly my dears, I don't give a rats arse.

Again this has been mentioned numerous times but he club has already said they are going to look at upgrading the systems and they also liaised with Spurs about Wembley pick ups but this wasn't available to us.
You said previously that Spurs had not offered the facility. As you are now saying that County liaised with Spurs ans Spurs turned down the request then you owe Alex an apology for misrepresenting him and me an apology for misleading me.

Otherwise please remove this misleading post.

How would County know that they weren't offering it if they hadn't liaised with Spurs? Considering I already said that Alex had spoken to them, so, I owe no one, especially a pompous arsehole like you, an apology.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:We know Spurs didn't offer because Alex would have been deliberately trying to sabotage the club if they had and had been turned down by us. Whether Alex asked is not known. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

Shame that you choose to resort to insults but as you clearly have no legitimate arguments I don't suppose that you had much choice. :grin:

Again, Alex said that they had spoken to Spurs and they were not offering this service, the fact you choose not to listen/believe is your problem muc. Obviously it doesn't fit into your version of how the phone call could have gone but again, you're wrong.
As usual you seem to think you can do a better job than the current Board but hey, you had the chance to get on board but shit out of it. I thought I was being generous with what I called you in fairness. 8) :lol:

George Street-Bridge wrote:Which lackeys, instructed by whom?

On the contrary, the club did make a statement about lessons being learnt about ticketing. I agree with people saying more thought needs to be given to exiled supporters. I think it's a bigger issue than just ticketing, it's an inward-looking mindset we need to move away from and I've said that here more than once. Modernising the IT will help.
George that's my point.

A CEO is appointed to see problems in advance. After 30 years we are still reacting. It can't have been beyond the comprehension of the club that sooner or later we would have an away tie with a big club. Lincoln, Exeter, Cambridge all have in the last few years.

Do you know what I find really annoying. I stand in a supermarket queue. If a woman is in front of me I know what is going to happen. The person on the checkout will say £56-27p please. At which point the woman will look totally aghast and after ten seconds of being like a rabbit in the headlights will spend the next minute or so rummaging through her handbag trying to find her purse. I swear to God one day I will say to one of these women, "Has it never occurred to you that the supermarket will want payment for the goods you have just bought?"

By the same token. To those in charge of running our club. On a slow Thursday in October did it not occur to you to have a chat to the CEO's of other small clubs and ask about the challenges that they had faced when drawn against a big club in the FA Cup?

Getting old is great. I can say what I think, I don't give a rats arse what people think of me, and I am going to tell it as I see it.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:We know Spurs didn't offer because Alex would have been deliberately trying to sabotage the club if they had and had been turned down by us. Whether Alex asked is not known. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

Shame that you choose to resort to insults but as you clearly have no legitimate arguments I don't suppose that you had much choice. :grin:

Again, Alex said that they had spoken to Spurs and they were not offering this service, the fact you choose not to listen/believe is your problem muc. Obviously it doesn't fit into your version of how the phone call could have gone but again, you're wrong.
As usual you seem to think you can do a better job than the current Board but hey, you had the chance to get on board but shit out of it. I thought I was being generous with what I called you in fairness. 8) :lol:
You said Spurs had not offered to do this. You did not say that Spurs had been asked to do this and had refused.

If Spurs were asked and had refused then they should be exposed as the shabby little club they would be.

I am still not clear what the true situation is. If you pm me Alex's email I will contact him and find out the accurate information.

By the way as you were critical of me for referring to someone as gormless don't you think calling me a pompous arsehole makes you a bit of a hypocrite? :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

You said Spurs had not offered to do this. You did not say that Spurs had been asked to do this and had refused.

If Spurs were asked and had refused then they should be exposed as the shabby little club they would be.

I am still not clear what the true situation is. If you pm me Alex's email I will contact him and find out the accurate information.

By the way as you were critical of me for referring to someone as gormless don't you think calling me a pompous arsehole makes you a bit of a hypocrite? :grin:

Not at all, you spend a lot of time whining that you only resort to insults only after someone insults you, GF did not insult you.
You, however, time and time again show yourself to be an absolute pompous arsehole. :grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:Stan - which lackeys, instructed by whom?
Let me see.

I don't know. I don't know who in the club told you that Justin Edinburgh's new contract was done and dusted. I don't know why Neil Collier told us that Gavin Foxall was considering his position as opposed to Gavin talking for himself. I don't know if Theale is right about Alan Briant being an employee of the club. I don't know why Stefan1Kuntz stopped posting when I pointed out that he seemed to have a pretty intimate knowledge of Mr Collier's holiday plans. Or why four new posters emerge a week later with no other purpose than to insult me.

I do know that Stefan1Kuntz is not Neil Collier because Neil Collier said so. And nobody has ever told a lie to supporters.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Not at all, you spend a lot of time whining that you only resort to insults only after someone insults you, GF did not insult you.
You, however, time and time again show yourself to be an absolute pompous arsehole. :grin:
Are you going to post me Alex's email or not?

By the way my fiancee agrees with you that I am a pompous arsehole. She also thinks I am a complete pillock for spending my free time arguing with other complete idiots.

I told her in your case that you were not a complete idiot but were working very hard to become one. :grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:If you are digging up that old chestnut, you made the most categoric statement of any forum user that Edinburgh would be staying and closest to the point he left.
George,

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the club post on this board. Whilst I disagree and dislike the views you hold, and I am sure that you think the same about me, you at least are open about who you are. If you believe that others are as open then you are mistaken.

Back on topic, the club messed up on ticket sales and caused unnecessary difficulties. Those difficulties were foreseeable, see my post on the board should have done posted before the sale started.

I am sorry but the last three CEO's at County just don't seem to me to be up to the job. We are always going to it right next time. The idea of having a CEO is to get it right first time.