Re: All these ticket sales on here

George Street-Bridge wrote:The thing is Stan, I support the club and you support only the team.
No George.

I don't doubt that you have the best interests of the club at heart. I don't doubt that you are genuine in your desire to see the club do well.

I do though think that you are wrong on so many fronts and that you lack the ambition that the club need and that you always have an excuse for failure.

I don't need to call into question your support of team or club, I would be far more worried that you might have a valid point if you didn't challenge my support. Over and over again I have said that unless we build an infrastructure which includes scouting, training facilities, a stadium fit for purpose, and a club which engages with the community we will never achieve our full potential.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Secondly the needless panic brought about by not simply putting the tickets on general sale.
Still wrong.
Fine.

But as we didn't sell out of tickets perhaps if you could tell me why you think I am wrong we might be able to have a discussion.
I've already mentioned it across every other thread you've said it on, and you haven't responded yet.

But for the (say) 5th time.... General sale would mean that ST holders and Trust Members would not receive priority, and (ST holders at least) should always have the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public for high profile games. It would also guarantee long queues, which this system has shown are unnecessary.

In fact the consensus on here is that the club got it right by the time the tickets went on sale... apart from...

- the lack of online sale (not possible in the timescale and not available from Spurs)
- the phone lines (again no opportunity to develop an alternative system in the timescales, and limited by the voluntary staff numbers)
- the combined impact of those on exiled fans (as one myself I circumvented by knowing someone in Newport who could get mine for me, and for those who don't have that opportunity, was covered by someone kindly volunteering to do that for them, as well as the club's decision to offer 4 to ST holders who would be able to reallocate to those they knew - and have been, as this thread also underlines).

Just reading all the vitriol on here.
Putting 2 and 2 together am inclined to think that the tickets should of gone on general sale straight away.
Everybody who wanted a ticket got them, now we are getting quite a few stating got more than I needed because mates got them elsewhere or changed their minds.
Contributors on here count for maybe 5% of the fan base so I would guess their are hundreds of not needed tickets bought in a panic and no longer needed.
Just on here we have heard they were only £10 each so big deal.
Got a feeling on Wednesday their will be gaps everywhere.
Would of stopped people queuing for hours before office opened as well.
To the above comment certainly 7200 sold and we have the cash but there will not be anywhere near 7000 at Wembley on the night.
In hindsight they got it wrong although they meant well.
No need for any queues at all or panic buying.
Just needed to sort the phone out.
How ridiculous in this day and age to have a lady on her own selling tickets and answering the phone and signing for parcels.
Some fans making 90+ calls to get tickets ordered and posted.
Its done now but hope lessons are learnt for the future.

Exile 1976 wrote:Surely if the tickets had gone on general sale with open amounts of tickets that could be purchased (as Stan & a couple of others suggested) surely that would have meant bigger queues with so many 'regulars' ST holders etc worried they may not get a ticket...
Don't be daft. We didn't sell out, we were never going to sell out and the club created a wholly unnecessary panic by not simply assuring fans that there were plenty of tickets available.

Still waiting for the e-mail address. Also couldn't quite follow your logic. It is wrong to call someone gormless but as I did and indeed said that it was a bit of hyperbole which I should not have engaged in that gives you the right to call me an arsehole.

Anyway I really don't mind. I was once called a great useless bucket of solidified monkey puke. (Actually it was not puke but there are younger readers.) I genuinely don't mind the insults but spare me your sanctimonious hypocrisy in future eh?

I suspect the vast majority of supporters who wanted tickets will be at Wembley. With the resources available to them the club have done a superb job. However, those resources are inadequate. Insufficient staff or volunteers, insufficient phones, inefficient IT.
Yes, we all got tickets but the customer service offering to the supporters was poor to say the least.
I don't always agree with Stan but he is correct the club should have talked to other clubs about what went well and what went badly when they have had high ticket demand games.
Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Somebody had already done it. If you don't know the answer, don't make it up, ask someone who does.
I don't know if they do or not, but it would seem a good idea if the EFL encouraged and indeed facilitated the sharing of best practice between it's member clubs.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Surely if the tickets had gone on general sale with open amounts of tickets that could be purchased (as Stan & a couple of others suggested) surely that would have meant bigger queues with so many 'regulars' ST holders etc worried they may not get a ticket...
Don't be daft. We didn't sell out, we were never going to sell out and the club created a wholly unnecessary panic by not simply assuring fans that there were plenty of tickets available.

Still waiting for the e-mail address. Also couldn't quite follow your logic. It is wrong to call someone gormless but as I did and indeed said that it was a bit of hyperbole which I should not have engaged in that gives you the right to call me an arsehole.

Anyway I really don't mind. I was once called a great useless bucket of solidified monkey puke. (Actually it was not puke but there are younger readers.) I genuinely don't mind the insults but spare me your sanctimonious hypocrisy in future eh?
That would have been one of the stupidest things our club would ever have done.

Imagine the uproar if they had put out a press release saying not to panic everyone will get a ticket and they had gone and sold out. Granted we now know that it wouldn't have happened but we were only 500 tickets short. That's the power of hindsight.

The club had no way of being sure whether or not we would sell our allocation so they implemented a sales strategy which prioritised selling to loyal (not necessarily the best word but you get what I mean. Not all trust members will be die hards and not all non season ticket holders will be bandwagoners) fans.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

It's not daft to know that if tickets went on sale open to anyone with any amount of tickets to purchase that the queues, especially on day one, would be huge. For you to think otherwise is daft. The club gave running totals of the amount of tickets that had been sold. Not once did they say they'd run out and it would have been extremely stupid of them to effectively tell people they were guaranteed a ticket . The more you write your utter tripe the more I'm pleased you bottled out of running for a place on the board.
I won't be giving you his email address as you didn't say please, besides, if you really gave a shit you'd have tried to do something a few days ago but as usual you only moan about things & not actually look to do anything about it.
Yes, again, i did call you an arsehole (that's very tame in fairness to what i actually think you are) and i stand by that, if you think that's hypocritical of me well there you are then, I won't lose sleep over it muc.

allontheamber wrote:I suspect the vast majority of supporters who wanted tickets will be at Wembley. With the resources available to them the club have done a superb job. However, those resources are inadequate. Insufficient staff or volunteers, insufficient phones, inefficient IT.
Yes, we all got tickets but the customer service offering to the supporters was poor to say the least.
I don't always agree with Stan but he is correct the club should have talked to other clubs about what went well and what went badly when they have had high ticket demand games.
Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Somebody had already done it. If you don't know the answer, don't make it up, ask someone who does.
I don't know if they do or not, but it would seem a good idea if the EFL encouraged and indeed facilitated the sharing of best practice between it's member clubs.
What an excellent post.
Not sure who said it but a poster called Alan G Bryant was accused of being a staff member wanting to praise the club but he stated to open ticket sales to the general public they would of had to supply 5 extra members to the team who I believe are all volunteers anyway.
But instead we have some poor lady on her own selling tickets, answering the phone and keeping an eye on all the twoing and throwing going on.
That is totally ridiculous..
Maybe the same girl, lady when I got my tickets as she was on her own then but no idea where the phone was.
It will not happen for years, but hope it does but things need sorting even for normal games its not 100% still.