Re: First Non-Premier Side to Play at Wembley at Night?

Blackandamber wrote:But it is the first FA Cup replay at the new Wembley stadium.

The last FA Cup replay at the old stadium was the final of 1993 when Arsenal beat Sheffield Wednesday.
Weirdly I actually went to that match as a bored student with a lot of spare time in my second year at University - and having bought 5 tickets together from touts outside for £5 each due to the swathes of empty seats in the Sheffield Wednesday end, I'm half expecting a similar cost for tickets tomorrow.

One highlight of that night was making the Spurs fan in my student house stay behind to see Arsenal lift the trophy, though our celebrating of his discomfort did get various items launched in our direction from Wednesday fans who thought we were supporting Arsenal...

Hopeful of seeing some equally uncomfortable Spurs fans tomorrow.

Re: First Non-Premier Side to Play at Wembley at Night?

SJG99 wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:But it is the first FA Cup replay at the new Wembley stadium.

The last FA Cup replay at the old stadium was the final of 1993 when Arsenal beat Sheffield Wednesday.
Weirdly I actually went to that match as a bored student with a lot of spare time in my second year at University - and having bought 5 tickets together from touts outside for £5 each due to the swathes of empty seats in the Sheffield Wednesday end, I'm half expecting a similar cost for tickets tomorrow.

One highlight of that night was making the Spurs fan in my student house stay behind to see Arsenal lift the trophy, though our celebrating of his discomfort did get various items launched in our direction from Wednesday fans who thought we were supporting Arsenal...

Hopeful of seeing some equally uncomfortable Spurs fans tomorrow.
Yes, and yet another tenuous link with Sheffield Wednesday. The last top division side we beat in 1964.