Re: Pubs in Wembley

mad norm wrote:
TBWAH wrote:The Green Man is the away pub. Wembley Central station is closest.
Can it cater for 7,000 people? :roll:
It catered for about 50,000 Saints fans in 2010 for the JPT Final and around 30,000 in February. Although they did have other places to go... and it was practically empty on Boxing Day for my last Wembley visit...

They didn't seem to have a problem with coping with County for the Play-Off Final either. I didn't get time to go to the pub before the FA Trophy Final.
Last edited by SJG99 on February 5th, 2018, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worksop amber wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I will follow my normal Wembley tradition of a pint in Wetherspoons Victoria Station ticket hall, up the escalator...if I have the time.
Unfortunately without me this time mate
Gutted I can't get off work
It's a shame Rob.....it was becoming a habit for us!

DavidRhys96 wrote:Which other central London pubs will County fans be in? I'm tempted to finish early and have a couple in town before heading up to Wembley on the tube. Would be a bonus if there were other Exiles there!

UTP

Depends where you're arriving into London, and where you consider to be 'central'.... Two pubs I like are The Travellers' Rest by Victoria coaches arrivals gate...
And The Shakespeare behind Victoria, off Grosvenor Gardens.....

newgroundrodney wrote:
DavidRhys96 wrote:Which other central London pubs will County fans be in? I'm tempted to finish early and have a couple in town before heading up to Wembley on the tube. Would be a bonus if there were other Exiles there!

UTP

Depends where you're arriving into London, and where you consider to be 'central'.... Two pubs I like are The Travellers' Rest by Victoria coaches arrivals gate...
And The Shakespeare behind Victoria, off Grosvenor Gardens.....

I'm living in London - working around Holborn area so pretty central. Just wondered if there was a particular pub where lots of people are going! But I guess best bet for that is the Green Man...

Cheers :cheers:

UTP
I'll be in one of the pubs around Bond Street / Marylebone near my office from about 4:30-5ish, keep an eye out for a County scarf and bobble hat if your round that way! :cheers:

As someone said previously around Baker Street isn't a bad shout, quite a few pubs and an easy hop to Wembley. It's easy to get to from Paddington as well, assuming your coming in that way.