Re: Harry Kane's Penalty Right or wrong?

I'm totally confused these days on what is a foul. It's spoiling my enjoyment of football to be honest and I'm a little tired of it.
We're constantly told that it IS still a contact sport and outside the box no player falls over because they were slightly brushed (well not all the time) Yet constantly on TV they say that he felt a touch and had the right to go down (as if there was a sniper in the crowd).
If they wouldn't dive on the halfway line, why is it "okay" to dive in the area?
#Killing football imho

southernfan wrote:I'm totally confused these days on what is a foul. It's spoiling my enjoyment of football to be honest and I'm a little tired of it.
We're constantly told that it IS still a contact sport and outside the box no player falls over because they were slightly brushed (well not all the time) Yet constantly on TV they say that he felt a touch and had the right to go down (as if there was a sniper in the crowd).
If they wouldn't dive on the halfway line, why is it "okay" to dive in the area?
#Killing football imho
Totally agree mate, if you or I fell down like a house of cards when brushing shoulders walking down a street , we’d rightly be judged as lunatics or otherwise needing medical intervention for balance problems. When players do it on the pitch after a trivial contact imho it’s simulation and they should be carded. I’m shocked that referees and so many pundits have bought into this crap. All you need to do is apply the above “ pavement test “.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
G Guest wrote:I have not had the benefit of watching replays but my distinct impression on seeing this incident live was that Kane deliberately collided with the Liverpool player. It was a clear dive and I was surprised when the referee awarded a penalty. I also thought he was offside. Kane went down in my estimation last night. I was very disappointed in him. If he performs that trick against County in the unlikely event that he plays on Wednesday we should rightly be angry.
I don't disagree but.

0-0 in the last minute and a County player takes a dive, Labadie puts it away and we're in round 5.

Do you still take the moral high ground then? Not a trick question, I really don't know how I'd feel.
well it will be him or Ali diving, makes Tom Daley look like a beginner